Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, March 26, 2023

My Advanced Birthday Celebration In Ipoh

The main reason for my trip back to Ipoh from 13-15 March was to visit my parents since the timing was right.  It was Sherilyn's last day of SPM and Cass had a few more days of school holidays before school reopened the following Monday.  After sending Sherilyn to school on Monday morning, I booked a Grab car to bring us to the KL Sentral station.

Back in Ipoh, my parents told me that they had ordered my favorite cempedak cake from JJ Cakes & Swissrolls. They had also booked a table at Sushi Zento to celebrate my 50th birthday 💓.  What a sweet surprise!

It's been yonks since I last celebrated my birthday with my parents because my birthday hardly ever coincides with the school holidays and also, no thanks to the pandemic. This year the celebration was totally unplanned.

After fetching Cass and me from Concubine Lane, papa brought us to JJ Cakes & Swissrolls to collect the birthday cake.

Birthday dinner at Sushi Zento @ Festival Walk Ipoh.

Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the food at Sushi Zento.  The food was lip-smackingly delicious, the service was excellent with polite waiting staff and the prices are reasonable.  Cass and I think that the food is even better than some of our favorite Japanese restaurants in KL.
















Everyone loved the super fresh and highly addictive cempedak cake, with generous amounts of fresh cempedak flesh wedged between the layers of sponge cake with light cream.  JJ Swissrolls' cempedak cake is always a treat for all the senses, from its appearance to its flavor, texture, freshness, and aroma.

50 years young but always papa & mummy's little girl and I still received an ang pow each from them 💗

Dad is a member at Sushi Zento and got a 10% off the total bill.


Cass and I had evening walks around the neighborhood every day.


On one of our walks, we saw a troop of monkeys at the hillside and they were eating crispy tosei!


Cass and I could hear the crackling sound of the crispy tosei as the monkeys bit into it.  I think an Indian family nearby must have made the tosei and fed the monkeys. There's a kind Indian couple near my parents' house who would feed stray cats and dogs every evening.

Bidding each other goodbye at the Ipoh train station.
Mum could still snap pretty clear photos of me with her fractured right hand 😂





No comments: