Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, August 18, 2023

Sherilyn's Break Before She Starts College

Sherilyn's 5-month break is coming to an end.  Before embarking on another new journey next week, she took the ETS train to Ipoh on Wednesday to visit her grandparents. It's also to celebrate her koong koong's 80th birthday, which falls on 19 August 2023.  

Sherilyn will commence her Foundation in Natural and Built Environments next week at Taylor's College. And if Architecture is for her, she will proceed with the Bachelor of Science in Architecture. If not, she can opt to study Business, Quantity Surveying, or other courses.

On Tuesday, Alycia followed her grandma, aunty and cousin from England to Penang and then to Ipoh.  They celebrated my dad's birthday at the Mun Choong Restaurant in Ipoh yesterday.  Too bad Cass, hubs and I had to be in KL as Cass has to go to school while hubs has been busy with work.

School holidays will only begin in another week.  Cass and I will only make a trip to Ipoh on 28 August by ETS train to have another round of celebration with dad.

This super chill girl gave me a panic attack on the day that she was supposed to take the train back to Ipoh.  Her train was at 3pm but she went out for lunch with her friend at the cafe that she works at, collected cakes from the cafe for her grandparents and even gave Haru a bath.  Then she had a stomach upset and was stuck on the throne until 2.30pm, when I hollered at her incessantly to hurry up or risk missing the train. She only left the house at 2.35pm! The traffic in KL is unpredictable and the traffic jam is almost perpetual. I had to help her lug her luggage to the Grab car as she was still hobbling after an injury sustained while bouldering with her sisters, cousin and second cousins on Sunday. I asked the Grab driver to try his best to send Sherilyn to the Sentral Station before 3pm.  Yup, I know it wouldn't really help to tell the driver to try his best coz if the traffic was bad, there's really nothing much that he could do. But I wanted the driver to drive a little faster and be aware that his passenger had a train to catchπŸ˜‚

With only 25 minutes left before the train takes off, will Sherilyn reach the station on time?! Even if she did, she had to walk down to the platform and search for her coach. It's Ok if she could walk briskly but she was hobbling and had three bags with her!  This is SO Sherilyn, my middle child who loves challenges and thrives in a complicated and challenging environment πŸ˜‘


I was so worried that Sherilyn won't be able to cope with lugging so many things with an injured ankle.

While Sherilyn was in the car, I frantically went through the ETS app to check what time the next train was. There was a 3.30 pm train and I messaged Sherilyn to take that train if she missed the 3pm train.  Thank God Sherilyn managed to hop onto the train in the nick of time and she gloated to me that she was already inside the train 10 minutes before the train went off! πŸ™πŸ˜¬

Super yummy banana walnut bread from Front Room, the cafe that Sherilyn works at, for my parents.


Sherilyn and my parents visited Mirror Lake (Tasik Cermin) yesterday.










With granny at Kin Loong Valley.


My SIL from England treated everyone to a sumptuous dinner at Mun Choong Restaurant to celebrate my dad's 80th birthday.


May God bless my papa with many, many more happy birthdays.


No comments: