Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, December 15, 2023

Our Meals

We've not really cooked for more than two weeks. Even though the mil came back from New Zealand two weeks ago, she's been under the weather. With so many celebrations, weddings, and SIL from Hong Kong still in KL, we have no chance to cook. I had to give away all the organic veggies that I bought to Maria before they turned bad. We also have food from hubby's kitchen almost daily. I'm not complaining, in fact, I'm SO glad that we don't have to cook coz cooking is just not my jam. I don't mind cooking but the cleaning up just turns me off 😝.  I rather spend the one hour jogging outside vs. cooking and washing and getting all stressed up over it. 

These are some of the excess food from hubby's kitchen for us recently:

Sushi platter.


Chicken bolognese with colorful spiral pasta.


Chicken and beef satay.


Carrot cake with frosting. These are not too sweet and very yummy.


Clockwise from top left: Vegetarian Mee Siam (very aromatic with lots of fresh herbs), blanched broccoli and baby corn (cooked at home), Ayam Goreng Berempah (fried chicken thighs with spices) and Nasi Lemak.

On most days, all I need to place on the dining table is a veggie dish, which I usually blanch and season with olive oil or grape seed oil and soy sauce, or just make a one-pot chicken soup or miso soup with lots of veggies, meat, and meatballs.

As some of hubby's overseas relatives are still in KL, we're going to De.Wan 1958 by Chef Wan for lunch tomorrow. So looking forward to Chef Wan's food again, though many of his popular dishes are pretty similar to what hubby's chef whips up every day.


No comments: