Health Freak Mommy: Can You Eat Eggs And Ginger If You Have A C-Section

PLEASE VISIT MY OTHER BLOGS TOO!!!

Please visit my other blogs at :

http://www.healthfreakmommy.com/

for more interesting reads on my 3 little rascals and of course on my food reviews....

and my health blog,
http://www.healthiswealth.healthfreakmommy.com/

Feel free to drop by my online store at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Old-New-Stuff-For-Sale/305823926638 to get modish clothes at prices you will love! Please LIKE my Page too, thanks!




Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Can You Eat Eggs And Ginger If You Have A C-Section

I was told by friends that I should avoid eating eggs, 'sang yue' (ikan haruan) and ginger for the first 2 weeks post-delivery if I have gone through a c-section delivery. Reason? These food will cause the wound to get infected and turn ugly. Eggs and fish are high in protein. Protein will heal the wound and make the flesh grow rapidly, thus causing the flesh in the wound to overlap. The Chinese also believe that the ginger will cause the wound to turn ugly and I don't know the reason behind it. I did not believe in this myth and I ate an egg a day and lots of ginger throughout my confinement. Thank God, my wound healed without getting infected and it did not turn ugly too.

Have you heard of this myth? For those of you who had gone through c-section deliveries, did you refrain yourself from eating eggs, sang yue and ginger for the first 2 weeks of your confinement?
Post a Comment

Google Search Engine

Custom Search