Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, August 20, 2020

Our Teenage In-House Chef

Her love for cooking and food is uncontainable.  She'll go the extra mile to cook something yummy (complete with food aesthetics) for herself, any time of the day. She would wake up at 6 a.m. to prep her lunch box for her breakfast and lunch in school before leaving the house at 7:15 a.m.  Earlier this week, when she got home from school at 2:30 p.m., she darted straight to the wet kitchen for a quick prep of sweet potato dessert before savouring the yummy bowl in front of the PC whilst she attended online tuition class.

This is just so not me for I'm not a food lover, don't like cooking and don't like washing dishes 😂.

Sherilyn reminds me of my mum who has always loved baking and would bake delicious snacks for us several times a week when we were growing up. I was always her assistant. Thus, though I don't like baking, nonetheless, I still know the basics of baking.  Mum was a teacher and she would bake snacks in the evening for our teatime and  our recess the next day.  I miss mum's char siew pau, sardine puffs, sausage buns, chicken pies, bread pudding, sago pudding, pandan chiffon cake, steamed sponge cake and the list goes on and on. If only mum stays near me!

Purple and orange sweet potato boiled with ginger and Gula Melaka with chewy sweet potato cubes that she made two weeks ago.


And she cooked Japanese style garlic fried rice at 9 p.m. so that she could bring it to school the next morning:

She cooked extra so that Cass and Alycia could have it for lunch the next day.


No comments: