Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

RMCO Day 64 ~ Wednesday, 12 August 2020

I have just submitted the 10th and last article to my online boss and the euphoria feeling is akin to completing my last paper in the SPM exam😁. When my online boss told me on Monday noon that she's got a large batch of articles to write and gave me 10 topics with a deadline of Thursday, I had little confidence that I could meet the tight deadline. I told her that I'd return the unfinished articles to her by Wednesday to enable her to find other writers. And for the next 2.5 days,  my butt was glued to my work chair and I kept typing and typing till I have blurry vision and stinging eyes now.  Add on a gassy stomach too from stress and loss of appetite from all the rush 😐.  As I'd mentioned before, I always work better under stress. My brainpower seems to only get properly fired up when Cortisol floods my system, which has its pros and cons. 

After two days of staying home to complete the articles, I really need to go to the supermarket to stock up on groceries and fruits. And I need my fix of  Nyonya kuih  to help me de-stress 😁.   I'm going to run for an hour at the park tomorrow morning to get my dose of Endorphins to zap away the stress hormones in my body. Running and exercising give me a high and IF I had more time for myself, I'd put the time into exercising.  This will be my retirement plan - exercise twice a day! That's how I find my zen.

I'm back at eating an egg a day after eating rather unhealthy food for breakfast for the past few months during the MCO. During the house quarantine, I was craving for junk food (to de-stress) and you'll be shocked to see my kitchen drawer stocked up with Twisties, muruku, Mamee and other 'healthy' snacks in packets.  My girls were in disbelief each time I got back from groceries shopping 😂.  My junk food crave is satiated now and I'm back to healthy eating again, with the exception of Nyonya kuih, my ultimate kryptonite. 


Snacks of crispy bread biscuit and kaya which I bought from a street vendor this morning to support him, to give to Maria, our part-time helper who's coming in today.

No comments: