Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, March 26, 2021

Life With Haru

The days seem to pass by so uber quickly lately that I can't accomplish every task on my eCalendar.  Today during my morning jog I tried to reflect why I have so little time for work and myself lately. And then I realized that I am now taking on more house chores than I used to.  When Maria used to come six times a week before the pandemic started, I had more time on hand. I could even submit more than 10 articles in a day to my boss.   And I didn't have a pet kitten to take care of back in the day.

Maria only comes in three times a week now and I now have a kitten to take care of. We cook almost everyday and I now try not to cook on days that Maria doesn't come.  I order food online or buy takeout in the morning on days that Maria doesn't come.   The girls can only help to feed Haru and clean the litter when their online classes are over -- their online school classes start in the morning and only end in the afternoon, which is followed by online tuition classes. It is especially difficult for Cass to leave her desk as her school (military style Chinese school!) requires that the web cam be turned on all the time.  So I'm caring for Haru myself most of the time. I pass the night shift to Sherilyn.  Cass' only duty is to cuddle Haru to placate her (even during class, on her lap 😸), and sometimes help to prep Haru's food.  Having a pet that is still a baby is akin to having another human baby. OCD me still wipe Haru's butt after she poops (which is 4 times a day or after every meal!) and I clean her litter after every pee and poo! Her litter box is emptied and cleaned every 2-3 days. Can you imagine the amount of work added into my already full-to-the-brim plate? 

Though I feel extremely tired everyday, each time I look at Haru, I let out a smile at her. She's too adorable to feel angry at.  I hope that when she's grown into an adult cat and not that cute anymore, she will still be able to tug at our heartstrings.

Haru still drinks water from the bottle and loves it. She drinks up to 2 bottles of  boiled plain water each day and I think it's quite a bit for a kitten.  Occasionally we still bottle feed her with the expensive lactose-free goat milk powder from Netherlands to finish off the can of milk.  And then she'll be done with milk and will only eat wet cat food (tuna and mackerel) and boiled chicken breast.



Sherilyn had the time to boil some chicken breast meat (sans salt and oil) for Haru yesterday and she loved it to bits.  Here Haru is being pampered with shredded chicken meat from Cass and Sherilyn.



Whenever Sherilyn or Cass goes down to the lobby to collect a parcel or food that I ordered, they put Haru in a shopping bag and bring her along for a short stroll. 




2 comments:

Chris said...

Haru seems to be such a welcome member even if it means a bit more work. Having 2 cats before, it is so worth it! Sorry abt the scratches, comes with the territory, huh? Here’s a story that happened with my husband; came down one day and the kitten was hanging off his thigh with her claws in him! Kudos to him for doing the silent scream!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Silent scream hahaha! So sweet of your hubby to allow the cat to be clawed to his thighs. It's dang painful!!