Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, March 19, 2021

Using A Cleaning Brush Correctly To Create A Healthy Life

A good cleaning brush should be used at the right place and you should use it with care so that it lasts and does not harbour harmful bacteria and germs that may cause us to fall ill.  We should also have a different cleaning brush for different utensils and food ware. For example: we should not use a brush for washing oily dishes to wash water tumblers.  

I am a sucker for cleaning brushes, in particular bottle brushes. I started collecting baby bottle brushes when our girls were still babies. Every weekend I would go mall shopping for baby items, toys and baby bottle brushes.  I have such a huge collection that I still have some unused baby bottle brushes now, though my youngest daughter is already 13 this year!  Then our girls started to use sippy cups and water tumblers - and my collection of cleaning brushes expanded to straw brushes and bottle brushes and I’m still collecting them to wash my daughters’ water tumblers and reusable straws 😁.

PA Sisal Sponge Washing Feeding Cleaning Baby Bottle Brush
PA Sisal Sponge Washing Feeding Cleaning Baby Bottle Brush

Baby Bottle Nipple Cleaning Brush
Baby Bottle Nipple Cleaning Brush

Kitchen sponges can harbour dangerous bacteria, which is why it's important to replace them regularly. While the experts recommend you should replace them once a week, you can briefly soak them in hot water at the end of the day to make them last longer.  Cleaning brushes tend to last longer than sponges, but they still get worn over time. These will need to be replaced when you notice the bristles thinning. Always opt for eco-friendly brushes if you can. I change all my bottle brushes and dish brushes very regularly, i.e. once every two months or as and when I notice mold or stains on them or the bristles start to fray or thin. 


My favorite go-to stores for stocking up on cleaning brushes are Mr DIY and Daiso. But I find that the quality of these straws isn’t very good. The sponge disintegrates very quickly and the brush holder of some bottle brushes breaks or detaches from the cleaning sponge very easily.  For hard plastic bristle brushes, they get stains pretty quickly too. Thus I change my bottle brushes every month. Now you know why I collect cleaning brushes eh? I am an OCD when it comes to cleaning bottles and straws. I even wash our pet kitten’s bottle teats several times a day with a very fine straw brush 😅

Aoqun Bottle cleaning brush
Aoqun Bottle cleaning brush

Did you know that there are hundreds of types of cleaning brushes in the market? We all know that there are cleaning brushes for everyday kitchen equipment but you may not already know that there are even cleaning brushes for medical equipment such as liposuction tubes, endoscope tubes, tubing masks and more. Perhaps the only brushes that you know of are hair brushes and domestic brushes but if you are currently looking for customized brushes to clean a specific item or equipment, you can check out AOQUN Brush, a company with several honor certifications and product excellence certifications.


No comments: