Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, February 4, 2022

Higher Cost Of Living

This is my grocery cart today.  As you can see, all the items in the cart are healthy stuff, they are our necessities.  


Skinny low fat and sugar-free yoghurt, fresh milk, grated coconut, 2 heads of broccoli, 2 Marmalade papayas, a packet of sweet potatoes, roast almonds, Ohkuraen Japanese matcha (my favorite brand of matcha), and a pack of MTEX KN95 face mask in my favorite color (pink).


Damage from this grocery trip is RM118!  If I added organic vegetables, eggs, and meat, the bill will run up to at least RM160.  And if I threw in toilet papers and other toiletries, the bill will breach RM200.  And had I chosen a costlier brand of milk and taken Greek yoghurt or imported yoghurt instead, the bill will cost even more.  The China broccolis are on promotion at RM3 for a head and are not even organic. Had I opted for organic broccoli or Australian broccoli, it would cost double or even triple the price.  Had I shopped like how I used to, today's shopping trip would have cost at least RM250.

It's so costly to eat healthily as an investment for better immunity and health. With the prices of everything going up this year, I have to stretch my money even more and the only way is to cut down on organic produce, cut down on luxuries like ice-creams and snacks, and choose cheaper brands.

Am I the only one feeling the pinch from the inflation?



No comments: