Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Wednesday, 21 December 2022

Today I brought Haru to the vet as she's having slight diarrhea.  It's not the runny stool kind of diarrhea, but a tad more frequent kind of diarrhea. Haru has a very sensitive digestive tract since her kitten days and from my two years of observation, feeding her chicken kept in the fridge for 2 days may be the cause of upsetting her tummy.  Her tummy doesn't tolerate overnight meat well.  I thought cats are very resilient animals that can feed on any meat, even raw meat and road kill, and scavenged food scraps by the roadside, but Haru seems to have a human tummy!  She is gluten-intolerant and cannot be fed too much, albeit she seems to have a bottomless pit with a ravenous appetite.  Haru will never be a fat cat as her tummy is such that she has to be on a keto diet with no grains and cannot be overfed 😹


I brought Haru to the vet pronto as we won't be in town from 24 - 27 December.  I'll be taking the ETS  train back to Ipoh with the mil, Cass, and Sherilyn to celebrate Christmas.  Hubs has to work during this time.  I actually wanted to send Haru to a cat boarder but the boarder is fully booked.  I looked around for other cat boarders and they were all fully booked for Christmas too.  Alycia volunteered to stay behind to cat-sit Haru and I gladly accepted her offer, with pay to thank her for her help.



Haru now treats my chair as her night bed. At around the same time almost every night, she would swipe on my leg or scratch my chair to signify to me that it's HER time now to use the chair.  This bossy cat wants me to buzz off so that she could sleep on my chair. The moment I leave my chair, up she jumps onto my chair and snuggles up comfortably until the next morning.  She would not budge even with me sitting on her legs and tail, which is otherwise her pet peeve at other times of the day 😄


No comments: