Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Chinese New Year 2024

The last time we celebrated CNY in Ipoh was in February 2020, the year Covid gripped the world and changed things forever. Exactly four years later, we were back again to have a wonderful reunion with my family.  

This CNY is a little extra memorable as we brought Haru along with us. After a failed boarding for Haru, we had no choice but to lug her along with us to Ipoh. And I have no regrets about it. I managed to desensitize Haru's phobia of car rides and I'm still working on desensitizing her fear of meeting new people.  With Haru in Ipoh with us, I needn't have to worry about her having a harrowing time (hunger strike with no peeing and pooping) at the catsitter's place.

Haru was kept inside my bedroom most of the time. I placed her carrier and bed on the floor but this fella decided to sleep in between us on our bed at night despite me kicking her out of our bed umpteen times till I gave up out of exhaustion.


Chor 2 brunch of Dim Sum at Kok Thai Restaurant with my family before we headed to the Yaps' family house for 'Hoi Neen Fan'

Ang Pow gifting session.


We had an early birthday celebration for Sherilyn and bought a cake from JJ Swiss Roll.  Sherilyn was born on the eighth day of Chinese New Year 19 years ago.


The pandan chocolate cake from JJ Swiss Roll was super delish and not overly sweet or cloying.


No comments: