Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, February 16, 2024

CNY 2024 - Chor 4 and 5

Tuesday, 13 February 2024 (Chor 4)

Hubby made an impromptu whim to go to Ikea at My Town early today - to get a new shelf for Cass and a workstation for me.  We had our brunch at the Ikea cafeteria as it was my choice.  I've not eaten at the Ikea cafeteria for ages (easily more than 7 years) and I missed the Swedish meatballs and grilled salmon. 

The quality of the meatballs has somewhat degraded. In fact, everything that we ordered tasted meh. I knew that hubby would surely be having a second round of lunch after shopping at Ikea.


Long queues at the cafeteria





The most expensive dish was the roast beef ribs at RM46.90.


After we left My Town, hubby took us to a famous seafood noodle shop in Cheras for a late lunch. While we waited for the noodles to arrive, he walked across to another coffee shop to get takeaway roast duck. 


The seafood noodles tasted way better than the Ikea food 😆


Wednesday, 14 February 2024 (Chor 5)

The Ikea workstation that hubby bought for me was delivered to our condo at 8.30 a.m. the next day.  The logistics guys were supposed to deliver between 12.30 to 4 p.m., but they called early in the morning to ask if they could deliver it to us at 8.30 a.m. 

From 8.30 a.m. till evening, hubby, Sherilyn, and I worked non-stop disassembling my old workstation, assembling the new workstation, vacuuming,  moving all the things from the old workstation to the new workstation, and cleaning up.   I also threw a LOT of stuff that I'd been keeping for years as my new workstation has no cabinets and I had to discard most of the stuff from my old cabinets.

We assigned Sherilyn (the future architect) to assemble the workstation, which was no mean feat, and she successfully set up the workstation on her own. I don't think I will ever be able to do that as the workstation is a huge 52.1kg three-tiered desk. Assembling furniture has never been my jam. I'm lucky that my three girls are pretty good at it, just like their dad.


My new Fredde workstation from Ikea. I wanted white color but it was sold out, thus had to settle with black.


No comments: