Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, February 3, 2024

Mr DIY Replacement Fan Blade

My Panasonic stand fan gave out rattling sounds a few days ago. Initially, I thought that Maria didn't screw the fan blade securely after cleaning it. So I tightened it but after a few minutes, I got a shock when a piece of the middle section of the fan blade dropped out.  Seconds later, another broken piece flew out!  

A tiny bit of my heart dropped too.  Any breakage of appliances or items in the house means money is about to fly out! We just bought a new washing machine less than two months ago. The ceiling fan in my bedroom needs to be replaced too.

I quickly Whatsapped the customer service staff of Tan Boon Meng electrical shop to ask if they carry the replacement fan blade but I was too early and the person in charge wasn't in the office yet. 

Later, I told hubby and he asked me to look for a replacement fan blade at Mr DIY.  Fortunately, there's stock for the 16-inch fan blade and after paying for it, I prayed that it would fit my Panasonic fan.

Back home, I quickly asked Maria to try putting the new fan blade in.  Maria spent 5 minutes trying to screw the blade in but it just wouldn't move any deeper. Just as I was about to bring the fan blade back to Mr DIY to get a refund, I tried one last time and pushed the blade deeper, and voila, it clicked!  💪🎉

The replacement fan blade from Mr DIY only costs about RM7 (can't really recall the actual price). The quality of the Mr DIY fan blade feels almost the same as the Panasonic one. It's made of plastic, which feels kind of fragile - the type that once you dropped it, it would crack.  So I advised Maria to be very careful when cleaning the fan, i.e. do not drop it on the floor or screw it too tightly, or it would break again.


Broken fan blade.


16" replacement fan blade from Mr DIY that costs less than RM10.  So glad that I don't have to get a new stand fan, as this would set us back at least RM250.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a shop that carries all Panasonic parts at SS3.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Hi Anonymous
SS3 is out of the way for us. We're in KL. Thanks for letting me know. Who knows, I may need to go there one day to look for parts :)