Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, April 26, 2007

A Relief For Backache


After I gave birth to Alycia 3 yrs ago, I developed bad backache, resulting from the spinal block anesthetic administered during my C-section. I could only sleep on my sides and could hardly sleep on my back. My 1 month of confinement was nightmarish as I had bad breast engorgement and bad backache. When I slept on my sides, my breasts leaked out milk and hurt terribly. When I slept on my back, it hurt me too. Both ways, I just couldn't sleep. Long story cut short, I must thank my SIL who was a Malaysian sportswoman then who suggested that I exercise on a fit ball everyday to relief the backache. I took heed and voila, after days of exercising on the ball, the backpain gradually went away. I was so happy with the miraculous result that I religiously exercised on the fitball almost everyday till today.

How do you do it :
First, sit on the ball, as shown in the 1st pic. Gradually slide your body down the ball and arch your back on the ball and stay in the arched position for between 3-5 minutes everyday. It's better to place your feet next to a wall so that you will not slip.

The fitball can also be used to do sit-ups as shown in the 2nd pic. It's an excellent way to do sit-up on the ball as there is no pressure to you back. The weight of your body is supported by the ball.

The results I get from working out on this ball are superb. No more back pain and no more flabby tummy. However, consistency and discipline are needed coz if you are not consistent and only exercise as and when you feel like it, the backpain will surface again.

Disclaimer : This is not intended to be a medical advice. This article is written purely based on my own experience.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...that's interesting, thanks for sharing (plus the demo).

Sweetpea said...

hi, first time dropping by. my... after two girls and you STILL have that figure?! i tabik you :P

Health Freak Mommy said...

Tks Sweetpea 4 dropping by. That's the result of a lot of hard work & sleep sacrificed, everyday.