Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, March 17, 2008

Computer Class

Today is the first day of school for the second term for all school kids. Today is also the first day of Alycia's computer enrichment class. For this optional subject, parents are charged RM60 per month, which makes Alycia's pre-school fees close to RM400 per month (extra Mandarin and Computer classes). Kids and pre-schools are really competitive these days. Most pre-schools are now having computer classes for their 4-year olds. Some pre-schools even have additional music, cooking and drama & speech classes too. If parents were to send their child to all the additional classes, school fees per month will be really costly. Imagine parents with more than 2 kids..... they would have to fork out close to RM2k or even more per month just on their pre-schoolers' school fees, enrichment classes and other extra curricular activities outside of school. That is going to cause both the parents and the kids lots of stress.... and this seems to be the norm these days.

6 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

oh my, that's a lot of money. I must really save up now and do less shopping :D

Anonymous said...

no need computer class lar...u can teach at home what. save rm60. you can even teach her how to blog! hehehe

Mumsgather said...

You can always go against the norm. My girl attended kindy for the first time this year at age 6 saving me one full year of fees. Kakakakaka. And no, she has no trouble catching up because I taught her myself.

And everytime I bring her lil brother who is turning 4 this year to pick her up I am constantly "attacked" by the teachers and other parents on "How come he is not attending kindy yet?!"

Anonymous said...

never know so young oso got computer class... i think im too outdated liao

Anonymous said...

Wow..!! that's alot of classes. and alot to stomach for a 4 yrs old eh..?? here in canada.. i donch think they are so competitive.

MamaJo said...

He,he...Jona is one of the 'unlucky' boy I guess....but, I got no choice of enrolling him to all those enrichment class...cause he is too free at home and I dont' have maid to help me out......so, just want to relieve myself from screaming, nagging all the time - 'throw' him to centre to be babysit for a while.....