Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Chinese Cabbage



I have always wanted to ask someone this - why are there always black dots on chinese cabbage, especially on the whiter part of the leaves. Though the chinese cabbage look fresh and crisp, there are still black dots on the leaves. Does anyone know if the black dots, if eaten will cause any harm? Are they fungus or are the dots a part of the composition of the leaves? My gals and I love chinese cabbage but each time I cook them, I throw almost a quarter to half of the leaves with black dots on them, which is really a waste.

1 comment:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

I love them too. I've just asked my mom and she thinks it's because some kind of insects have crawled into the cabbage ;) She normally doesn't buy them if she sees the leaves like that.