Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Just What's She Thinking About?

I just don't understand how some maids think sometimes. Yesterday, I asked my maid to put the old newborn baby clothes into the washing machine. When I checked the machine half way through the cycle, I found out that she had put a pair of dirty kitchen gloves and a piece of cloth which she wipes the dirty and oily counter top in the wet kitchen inside the load of baby clothes, together with hubby's stinky and sweaty sports socks! Maybe it's partly my fault that I did not tell her to wash the baby clothes separately from adults' clothes but putting in dirty cloth that she uses to wipe away chicken blood and oily counter tops in the wet kitchen? That's just no common sense. Moreover, she normally washes these cloths in a separate load in the evenings - all the bath mats and cloths that she uses to wipe the floor and tables. When I asked her why she had put the piece of dirty cloth and gloves into the washing machine together with the baby clothes, she just gave me a smile, coz she could not give me a reasonable explanation. I told her never to do it again and re-washed the load of clothes again. I think I should perform my spot checks on the washing machine during the wash cycle.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

its so nice of u allow her to put ur bb clothes in the machine... we ask our maid to hand wash all the children clothes... even the lampin

凯妈 said...

yes. why not ask her hand wash? when i got a maid last time, i ask her hand wash all baby clothes including lampin. i not allow her to wash in the machine.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Alicia and Vivian... I think the washing machine does a better job. For clothes hand washed, if the maid puts too much detergent and does not rinse the clothes thoroughly, the soap residue on the clothes is really bad for bb's sensitive skin. Most maids from my experience does not rinse thoroughly.

Anonymous said...

PB washing all the clothes together too.. ! his logic.. it gets cleaned what.. *slap forehead*