Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Registration In Primary School

It was a tough decision for me - to send Aly to a Chinese school or to a kebangsaan school? I was all the while more gamed towards a kebangsaan school as I didn't want Aly to go through the stress of studying in a Chinese school. Moreover, I had wanted Aly to study in a school which is located just minutes away from our house which would be very convenient for us to bring her to school and pick her up. If Aly is accepted into this Chinese school that  hubby really wanted her to get into, she would have to wake up really early in future to get ready for school. The traffic jam on the one-way road leading to this school is horrendous and parents are now spending between 2-3 hours a day chauffering their kids to and from school.

Hubby has been very steadfast in his decision to send Aly and Sher to a Chinese school. He said he will do all the chauffering of the kids in future. So on Tuesday, he went to that Chinese school and registered Aly there. He didn't have to wait for long as it was the school holidays. The result of the registration will be out in July next year. I can't imagine my 3 kids going to a Chinese school in future - the heavy load of homework, the endless tuitions and me on the road almost the whole day chauffering them around and sitting down with them till midnight every night to ensure that they finish their homework. I shudder thinking of this life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.

Unknown said...

I think if i were you I also don't feel like sending my kids to a chinese school.If I want them to learn chinese I can send them for tuition or hire a tuition teacher at home.I have seen my friend's daughter struggle with load of homework.I don't think i can handle the stress.That's too much!Anyhow,I hope your daugthers can handle it.:)

Chinneeq said...

my sis is now staying at Tmn desa, and her boy in Kun Cheng kindergarten. Prob Aly and Brandon will go to same class? haha....

chanelwong said...

nowadays it is hard to make decision.competition is sooo much...

MamaJo said...

I'm the one who insist Jona attend chinese school even tho I don't know chinese at all......anyway, for me it is easy....if he can't cope with the chinese syallbus, I will wish him immediately to kebangsaan school...it is more easy compare to kebangsaan to chinese....