Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, September 22, 2019

Portofino Bangsar South – Ristorante Italiano

Throwback post~

Our Malaysia Day lunch on Monday, 16 Sept 2019 was at The Sphere, Bangsar South again!  Just yesterday we were here for lunch. Hubs just loves this place. Whatever cuisine that he craves for, we can find it at Sphere. And I mean any cuisine, from Chinese to Japanese, Vietnamese, Indian, Italian, keto, vegan, fusion, and local; all the fine restaurants and cafe are housed in one relaxing and clean lifestyle hub with green and beautiful award-winning landscape design, just 15 minutes away from home.

Today hubs feels like digging into some Italian food since we had Vietnamese yesterday. So he picked Portofino, though the girls and I were rooting for The Farm Foodcraft or Parklife.







I was feeling a tad bloated from the lack of exercise due to the long weekend and opted for something that's meat-free. I ordered mushroom soup and grilled vegetables. Just my kind of meal and I loved them.







Pumpkin soup for hubs.


As usual, before hubs and I could taste what we order, our food always gets taxed by our piranhas. By the time I finish snapping the pix, I'm always left with one or two mouthfuls!


Seafood risotto for Cass and she loved it too, though I find the risotto mushy. Hubs liked it too.



Seafood pizza for our pizza lover Alycia.  And for someone who does not fancy pizza, I actually whacked 1.5 pieces of this. The thin and light crust is smothered with a light tomato sauce and sprinkled with mellow mozzarella. With the combo of delightfully sauteed squids, prawns, scallops and olives baked into the cheese, this pizza is without a shadow of doubt, one of the yummiest pizzas we've eaten. The girls commented that it tastes so much better than the RM100 each pizza that we had early this year in a glitzy pizza restaurant in downtown KL, which we did not quite enjoy.





Seafood Ravioli adorned with baby shrimps in a flavorful tomato-y sauce for hubs


Grilled seabass fillet for everyone


And Tortellini for Sherilyn who only joined us later. She had a musical practice in school and her teacher so kindly brought her here.


Tiramisu and Italian Gelato, which were scarfed down by our 3 piranhas in under 5 minutes, leaving just one or two spoonfuls for the hubs and me. Thank God for them and I can still maintain my waistline though we pig out every weekend 😆


We enjoyed every single dish we ordered. Hubs was obviously super satisfied and happy with today's lunch.

I also found out that all of the flour for the pasta and pizza dough are imported from Italy. No wonder they taste so 'atas' 😊😋



Portofino Bangsar South – Ristorante Italiano
No. 1, Avenue 1
Bangsar South City
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
www.facebook.com/portofino.bangsar.south


No comments: