Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Sunday, 1 March 2020

Can you believe it that the third month of 2020 has already rolled in? Why does time have to zoom past so dang quickly? In 6 months, our littlest brat will be sitting for her UPSR, a government-based exam. So is Sherilyn, who will be sitting for her PT3 exam. And Alycia will be sitting for her SPM this year end! Next year, she will be going to college!  And I have to decide which high school to register Cass in. While she is steadfast that she only wants to go to her Alycia che che's high school (Independent/Private Chinese High School), I have other plans for her (which is the IGCSE path), which she is strongly protesting against. So we'll have to see her UPSR results in order for me to make the final decision.

Do you know what I miss the most throughout the Covid-19 outbreak (with no signs of dying out yet)? I miss going to the shopping malls!!  I've not stepped foot into a mall for a month already.  I think I'm going to the shopping mall tomorrow to get my dose of retail therapy. My gynae has repeatedly told me that I must banish stress from my life for better health. So retail therapy it is, at least twice a month! 😁 Darling you read this?

Going to crowded places these days means equipping my bag well with hand sanitizer, surgical mask and antibacterial wet wipes.  We've now stocked up on hand sanitizer enough to last us for a whole year!  Another defense weapon that I arm myself with before going to public places is I gargle my throat with a concoction of sea salt water + clove essential oil + peppermint essential oil + Melaleuca essential oil and rub my hands with hand sanitizer before leaving the house.

On our first day of March 2020, we had Japanese at Tenmaya @ The Sphere, Bangsar South.

When I first came to KL 29 years ago and first tried Japanese cuisine, I didn't like it at all. I found it strange to be eating rice with seaweed and raw fish dipped in wasabi. I hated the taste of it and wondered why KL-ites love Japanese food.  Over the years, with my Japanese cuisine loving boyfriend treating me to Japanese food regularly, I've acquired the Japanese taste bud and now love Japanese food.  If there's one place in this world that I could choose to migrate to, it would be to the Land of the Rising Sun and I would then be stuffing myself with sushi, sashimi, Chawan Mushi and shabu-shabu everyday 😁










Another medal to add to Sherilyn's collection of medals, hauled at the recent MSSKL (inter-school athletics meet, Zon Bangsar) last week 💪



5 comments:

Sarah Lee said...

haaa... I can relate! I have cut down trips to the malls of late.. it's kinda hard as i like hanging out at the malls.. haven't been to Pavilion in a while and last sunday I went to KLCC.. was nervous because it was crowded! The only places I go now are supermarkets for groceries and pharmacies for supplements. Praying for this dreadful virus to go away soon.. want to be free to roam the streets (and malls) again without worrying!

Health Freak Mommy said...

The supermarkets and pharmacies are my hangout places too! ;)
I got back from Mid Valley Megamall yesterday and it felt so good. I think I'm going to the mall again next week. I didn't wear any mask but kept sanitizing my hands. Today I was at HKL and wore a mask throughout my time there. Suffocating but no choice. Also kept washing and sanitizing my hands till they are so dry now!

Sarah Lee said...

i didn't wear a mask in the malls as well. I don't like wearing a mask because it's suffocating and my glasses keep fogging up. There are also conflicting reports from the 'experts' regarding the usefulness of masks in preventing covid-19. I do sanitize my hands as much as possible. All the sanitizing has rendered the skin on my hands so dry they cracked and bled. It doesn't help that my skin is very dry to begin with. No choice. Yes better to wear a mask when visiting the hospitals. Tons of germs there not just the covid-19, plus we are exposed to sick people in the hospitals. Just hope that this virus will be under control soon.. but it seems this is only just the beginning with the slew of cases this week. :-(

Health Freak Mommy said...

I read a newspaper article yesterday stating an expert / doctor from Singapore who foresees that the Covid-19 pandemic will go on for a long time! And our neighborhood already has 1 confirmed case two days ago. The patient has been transferred to HKL. This freaked all the residents out when we read about the press release from the hospital.

Sarah Lee said...

Yes. This virus looks set to stay for a long long time. There are many cases in Klang Valley now. Sigh.