Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

MCO Day 8 ~ 25 March 2020

How is everyone keeping up this week?  It seems to me that each day things get a little crazier and sometimes it's hard not to get pulled into the uncertainty and fear.  And the cabin fever has started to hit me.

The moment that we've been waiting for since day 1 of MCO finally arrived today - our PM's announcement on whether the MCO will be extended or lifted. I already knew the answer looking at the new cases each day but hearing the confirmation from him somewhat disappointed me.  An extension of two more weeks would mean more stress for me, having to be cooped up at home 24/7 with kids, spouse and mil doing tons of washing and cleaning as our part-time helper is prohibited from coming during this time.  And hubby's catering business will be affected longer, which means that our finances will be affected too.  The girls' exams will no doubt be postponed. They are getting lazier each day but thank God for technology, they have no choice but to do their homework and attend online lessons.  And I am missing mall shopping even more! I've not gone out to do any groceries shopping for two days and it looks like I will remain homebound too tomorrow.

Never have I felt such joy bringing out the trash to the refuse chamber, which is a mere 25-30 steps from our unit and going to the basement to collect groceries from the head of the family 😆  Today I brought the trash out 3 times just to enjoy being 'outdoor' HA HA HA!

This is our brunch today ~ the head of the family went out to tapau curry noodles, pork noodles and tong sui.  He's having a rather serious bout of cabin fever and craving for hawkers fare! 😁




People are all very obedient outside. As you can see in the pic below, there's very good social distancing while queuing up to buy food.

Each time hubs comes back from shopping, he stays outside the unit whilst I disinfect him with Sodium Hypochlorite water spray all over his body and the groceries that he brings into the home. All canned food will be washed and dried before storing. All plastic bags used to store the groceries will be binned immediately.  We have all turned into OCD freaks because of the silent invisible killer. Pathetic.

Dinner of fried mackerel with sweet and sour onion sauce, chicken herbal soup, stir-fried lai park, braised leek with leftover siew yoke and reheated frozen chicken rendang from hubby's kitchen cooked earlier this week.



Post dinner time is the most tiring for me, having to clean up the kitchen and mop the greasy floor and stove. Fortunately I don't have any other errands and school / tuition runs to do anymore, so it's still manageable. Tomorrow I'm going to wake up at 5:15 a.m. for my quiet pre-dawn exercise again.





No comments: