Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, March 9, 2020

Getting Rid of Bed Bugs

Recently I had some insect bites on my legs and neck. The bite marks were so itchy that I broke my skin several times from all the crazy scratching. Hubs had them too. And he had the suspicion that we were bitten by some bed bugs in our bedroom! Horror!!!

I googled bed bugs bites and could not find convincing answers that we were indeed bitten by bed bites.  But one of the symptoms that I read from the internet states small red bumps or welts in a zigzag pattern or a line.  And the bites on my left leg were in a line. Horror!!






I was not ready to hire an exterminator to our home to rid those bugs (if indeed there was any) using harsh chemicals.  Then I remembered two years ago, Alycia had similar bite marks on both  her legs and they were so serious that I had to bring her to the hospital to get topical medication. And I remembered that I sprayed Sol-U-Guard all over her mattress and after the spraying episode, she hasn't been bitten anymore. Thank God!!!




So I did the same with my mattress. I sprayed Sol-U-Guard generously all over the mattress and left it to dry for several hours before putting back a clean bedsheet. I washed the bedding sheets in hot water and dried them at our balcony.  And praise the Lord, we've not been bitten anymore!!  You have no idea how miserable I was scratching my legs and neck for almost a week until my legs bled.  Now I have ugly scars on my legs 😭.   It's high time I whip out my Frankincense and Geranium essential oils to apply on those unsightly scars.

Sol-U-Guard is a must have emergency spray and disinfectant that I keep in our home - a bottle outside my room and a bottle in the kitchen. It kills my enemy, a.k.a the roach, as well as lizards, ants and other insects safely as it's composed of food-grade ingredients and can be sprayed around children. I use it to disinfect thermometers, toilets, kitchen and just about everything in my home.

This year is the 8th year that I'm on my Melaleuca journey.  The products are affordable and free from  harsh chemicals. If you work hard enough, you can even earn from being a member.  If you prefer to just use the products as a regular member, you can earn loyalty shopping dollars every month, which you can use to redeem products as and when you wish.


My order for March 2020 -- shampoo, lotion, mouth rinse, face wash, skin toner, compact powder and essential oils. Our whole family uses Melaleuca products and love them, even those who initially made unsavoury remarks when they found out that these are direct marketing products. Now, they use them with so much confidence and joy 😂

2 comments:

Chris said...

Try to see if you can get a mattress cover bag that comes with a zipper; that is what I use as I have a dust allergy and it has made a significant improvement. I’m sure it works well with bed bugs too. Can get same for pillows.
I know some people even tape up the end part of the zipper as there is usually a tiny little gap although I have never had any issues.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Hey Chris, thanks for the tip. Lemme go check that out at Lazada and Shopee!