Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, March 23, 2020

MCO Day 6: 23 March 2020

Our dancing queen went to bed early last night and got up at 3-ish a.m. today to attend a free online dance class conducted life by a dance teacher in Australia.  After the session, she went back to sleep.  I got up at 5:15 a.m. to exercise at our condo jogging treks.  All other condo facilities are off limits.  It's so peaceful and quiet at pre-dawn where there's hardly anyone except for the guards patrolling the condo. I've been practising pre-dawn exercise for almost 20 years now.  I really need my quiet time everyday doing what I love most, even if it means sacrificing on my sleep, just to keep sane being cooped up at home 24/7 with kids, spouse and mil! 6 of us in total in the household in a tiny space.  Without my exercise, I can check myself into Tg Rambutan after the MCO ends.

We're staying in a condo where space is minimal - everyone faces each other during our waking hours and we often get on each other's nerves.  Alycia has her own room where she can hibernate and do her own things.  Cass' study desk is next to mine, Sherilyn's study desk is a few meters away from mine; and the mil and spouse will be seated behind my work desk at the dining table! They can see what I do all the time.  I feel for those who have claustrophobia and live in a tiny space during this time.

Ok, back to food!  This is our MCO day 6 dinner:


Hakka braised pork with black fungus and dried oysters, blanched brocolli, 'tai yi ma kar lui' (dish of sauteed julienned hairy gourd with glass noodles, sliced pork and dried shrimps), fried vermicelli and sweet and sour pork.




Extra servings of Hakka pork, stored in glass containers for lunch and dinner tomorrow:




Every night at around 9+ during the MCO period, our two teenage girls will turn the living room into a home gym.  They spend at least an hour working out and dancing while watching free videos for guidance.

The girls have not stepped out of the condo building throughout the MCO, except for walking to the refuse chamber to throw rubbish and to the car park to help cart groceries up.  Every step that I take now matters and I find every reason and excuse to walk so that I can still chalk up at least 3k - 6k steps in a day. My usual step count is 8k - 13k in a day.






No comments: