Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

MCO Day 28 & 29 (14 & 15 April 2020)

As the MCO progresses to almost a month, I tend to lose track of what MCO day that we're in. And I lost track of what day yesterday and today are because everyday feels the same! I have taken to writing down the MCO day numbers on my desktop calendar for ease of reference each time I update my blogs. 😑

MCO Day 28 (Tuesday, 14 April 2020)
After sitting in front on my PC for an hour and feeling sick of reading the same negative news, I forced myself to my bedroom to do something that I have been procrastinating because wiping the blinds and window grills is something that I detest doing. And it's not important to me. But these are not wiped for over a month and God knows when Maria our beloved part-time helper can start coming to our house again.  Each time there's heavy wind and rain, the dusty blinds get wet and the blackish water drips down the walls and onto the floor as if telling me how awfully dirty they are.  So whether I like it or not, I have to clean those dang blinds, which are a pain to wipe, panel by panel from top to bottom.  My sole motivation is I get to burn more calories since it's impossible to hit 10,000 steps a day now.







Our dinner: pan fried crispy 'sook yue' (salted ikan kembong) with a tantalizing tangy dipping sauce composed of garlic + chili + lemon juice, 'pak choy' vegetable + chicken soup, braised pork ribs with tomatoes and onions and blanched kailan and lady's fingers.



MCO Day 29 (Wednesday, 15 April 2020)
I told myself that I should catch up on my sleep throughout this once in a lifetime MCO period but at 5:45 a.m. today, I stared at the glow-in-the-dark numbers on my alarm clock and couldn't get back to sleep. My internal alarm clock had woken me up.  I had no reason to wake up so early as I don't have to prep the girls for school, no church to go to and no need to do my pre-dawn exercise. I shut my eyes tight but dang it, I just couldn't get back to sleep, so what the heck. I got up and did the usual stuff in the morning, enjoying the sheer quietude in the house. Yes I do enjoy and crave for total placidity everyday but if I wake up late, I will be missing it.  Sometimes I wonder if I am an anti-social and  loner since I like to be alone and not talk to anyone!

Today's sun rise is magnificent and I just had to snap a photo of the pretty colors in the sky for record.



Brunch of fried 'loh si fun' (rat noodles. Yup what a name for noodles!) and red bean tong sui.


Today the Education Minister announced that the UPSR and PT3 exams scheduled for this year will be cancelled! Woohoo, Sherilyn and Cass are 'lucky'! But they may have to sit for another form of assessment test, which will be announced later. Schools will not be reopened so soon and when the situation is safe and La Corona is no longer a fast and fury deadly threat, the fifth and sixth formers will resume school first. The SPM exam will be postponed to the first quarter of 2021, which means Alycia will have more time to prep for the exam.  And poor hubs will have to fork out an additional of 3 to 4 months of fees to Alycia's high school! Fees are to be paid in FULL throughout the MCO period.  Thank you La Corona!  And because of La Corona, students who are due to sit for their UPSR, PT3, SPM and STPM in 2020 are now mockingly named on social media as the "Corona batch" 😈





Dinner of steamed cod fish, fish paste and pork noodles, braised chicken feet (not my kind of dish but the kind organic chicken seller gave us a big bag of chicken feet), sauteed vegetables and chicken curry using the frozen curry paste that the mil made last year.





1 comment:

Kak Farah said...

I love your positive outlook during this MCO Period, especially "Thank you La Corona" ������

If you are looking for college/scholarships in Malaysia, you can take a look at this site https://edureviews.com/
You can use it to compare a list of schools (from preschool to universities) - Reviews, curriculum, fees etc. And they do help in the enrollment process (if you need)

Hope it helps! Wish you and your family healthy always :)