Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, April 18, 2020

MCO Day 31 ~ 17 April 2020 (Friday)

My MCO workout achievement today from stairs climbing (5th floor to 18th floor to ground floor back to 5th floor), star jumps, strength training and jogging outside our unit corridor, tracked by my trusted old FitBit:

Duration: 30 minutes
Number of steps: 5,035
Number of stairs: 28
Calories burnt: 969
Distance: 3.61km

Pathetic but better than just sitting at home and having my butt glued to my massage chair all day long. This is half of what I normally achieve on pre-MCO days.



My almost daily MCO Whatsapp conversations with the hubs be like this:










When hubs was out groceries shopping today, he got so excited when he saw a large consignment of toilet papers that had just arrived at our neighborhood sundry shop; he quickly snapped a photo and Whatsapped the photo to me 😆  And yes, he bought a bundle of 3 rolls 😁


The lady boss of our favorite tai chow restaurant saw hubs at the sundry shop, signaled for him to walk over to her restaurant and gifted him half a roast chicken, citing that she's about to close shop for the day and that's her leftover chicken. That just warmed the cockles of my heart 💓

That's the reason why I miss all these vendors and restaurant owners, who have become our good friends over the years. The char koay teow lady boss and us have been friends for over 20 years at this neighborhood, as with the kuih seller, whom we have not seen for over a month. I always wonder how they are coping with no income 😰  When the MCO is lifted, we're not going to cook lunch anymore!  We're going to eat at all our friends' stalls for brunch everyday to help them restart their businesses.




Dinner of stir-fried assorted vegetables with fish cakes, blanched lady's fingers, sweet corn soup, steamed egg with minced pork, stir-fried baby spinach and takeout chicken curry to help our neighborhood restaurant who's just re-opened her restaurant for takeaways.


Post dinner and cooking aftermath scene at our wet kitchen:
This is just 1/3 of what has to be washed (bigger cooking utensils, pots and pans are not in the photo), every single day.  Three times a day.  I am so so so sick of washing and cleaning.



Fortunately I have this girl to help me with the dishes. Most nights hubs will help to wash the bigger and messier utensils and equipment, leaving the easier ones for Sherilyn or Alycia to wash. I'll have to clean up the greasy stove, walls, floor and sinks and just about everything else in the house.



Hubs now has a MCO haircut combo of #2 and #5. The bald patch is behind, which I think he inadvertently chopped off a gob of hair and the front bangs are almost similar to style #5 😆  No way am I going to cut his hair, lest I bugger up his head and get blamed for a hilarious haircut, knowing how persnickety he is.



Which MCO hair styles do the men and boys in your house have?


No comments: