Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, June 20, 2020

RMCO Day 11 ~ Saturday, 21 June 2020

Sherilyn's first PT3 Fighting Course conducted online by the tuition center starts today. It runs over a period of 3 months, held on Saturdays from 10:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m.   I’d paid over RM500 for this revision program just before the Coronavirus pandemic to prep her for the PT3 exam, originally scheduled to be held in September this year.  No one could have guessed that a month later, the Ministry announced that all government exams for this year will be scraped off due to the pandemic and partial lockdown, except for SPM, which will be postponed to the first quarter of next year. Since we’ve paid, the course will still proceed as planned.  I think it’s still very beneficial for Sherilyn to attend this course although PT3 is called off this year, as she gets to learn everything that she missed out in school throughout the MCO.

This girl has come a long way from one with a 'tidak apa' attitude to one who's so much more focused in her studies. She started to be more serious and matured in her thinking when she started high school.   I remember her wild and wayward days throughout her primary school days and  I'd sort of resigned to the fact that I could no longer change this wilful girl but God heard my pleas 🙏


Cass is now going through her second sister's terrible 10 to 12 phase and I've been praying fervently that when she goes to high school next year, she'll morph into a beautiful butterfly too, no longer needing her helpless mother (who's almost going nuts) to nag her.  I know God heard my pleas too.

Cass' music center reopened its door yesterday and she went for her first face-to-face piano class yesterday and today is her second class at the center during the RMCO. Students, teachers and parents must have a face mask on, temperatures scanned and hands sanitized before they are allowed into the center. This will be the new norm at every establishment for a long time until a vaccine is found.



This is another rare photo of Cass looking at the camera SMILING, just because her grand uncle in Christchurch asked me for photos of the girls today 😍

Our dinner:
Healthy Lui Cha, courtesy of hubby's friend.




Fish head curry from hubby's shop, G Geok Cho (black vinegar pig's trotters), blanched lady's fingers and cauliflowers.



I bought the G Geok Cho from my friend's eatery at our neighborhood to support her business. She had just started a small eatery early this year and a few months into it, the whole world came to a stand-still and her business has been badly affected. I've been patronizing her eatery every Saturday and whenever we need a break from cooking and washing. I hope she doesn't have to shutter as I enjoy all her homecooked dishes and 'tong sui'.

Have a great weekend all and sundry!  Hope you had a great pre-Father's Day dinner.  We're off to a new cafe to have lunch with our friends tomorrow to celebrate Father's Day and it will be our first time meeting up since Chinese New Year this year 💓




No comments: