Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, June 12, 2021

Friday, 11 June 2021

I was at hubby's central kitchen to help him with the photography for the past two days. I was donning on my face mask and suffocating, with bullets of sweat dripping down my face while coughing in his kitchen. The culprit was this super duper huge commercial wok filled with dried chilies boiling. And also a huge industrial oven in use at the same time.  Can you imagine how suffocating and choking it is to inhale the hot and spicy smoke in the hot kitchen that feels like a sauna everyday? 

This is how much dried chilies are used to cook one batch of sambal and this is done several times a week. Everyone in the kitchen including hubs has to bear with the chilies, onions and spices bubbling in the wok, inhaling the tear-jerking yet aromatic smoke emitting from the wok, while donning on face masks.  I couldn't wait to run out of his kitchen and back into my car to remove my mask to breathe in some cool air from the air-cond 😅😷   

Sambal for Catermate's best seller Nasi Lemak is made from scratch.

The compensation for helping him with the photography is of course food.  I almost never leave his kitchen empty handed.  For the past two days, we had kuih (which is my ultimate kryptonite) which we will never get enough of and fried chicken, which is everyone's favorite!









We've been having Western chicken chop and Hainanese chicken chop from hubby's kitchen almost everyday the entire week last week till we want to take a break from chicken for a week now 😂

No comments: