Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Wednesday, 23 June 2021 ~ Random Updates

The first half of 2021 is almost coming to an end and we've spent the last 6 months being stuck at home.  Cass and Sherilyn went back to school in April but school session was short-lived. Two weeks later schools were ordered closed again as the number of Covid cases spiked uncontrollably in almost all the schools. By this weekend, we will know whether the full lockdown will be extended or lifted.  Again, I just have the hunch that the full lockdown will be extended as the number of cases are still very high, hovering at above 5k today.  

I miss having my Sunday morning walk to the shops with Cass to buy food and stuff.  She keeps asking me when she can follow me to the shops again. She's really feeling the brunt of the home quarantine and is now experiencing zoom fatigue with over a year of online learning. She misses going to school to interact with friends and teachers. She tells me that she learns better in a classroom vs online.  It's too distractive and tempting to stray from the GC to other sites like You Tube and Discord.  I'm sure many parents can relate to this, eh? 😐

We're very thankful that Haru came into our lives. She's created such immense joy and laughter to the girls  and me amidst the depressing lockdown. 


From having Ailurophobia to now catsitting Haru, Alycia has come a long way in just 4 months.



We're still having Hainanese chicken chop and Western chicken chop from hubby's shop several times a week. But the girls have no complaints. As long as they don't have to wash so many dirty dishes and clean a greasy kitchen, we're all happy to be eating the same food 😁


We had Thai food delivered to us yesterday as I was craving for tomyam and green curry! We all enjoyed our dinner.


No comments: