Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, June 28, 2021

Sunday, 27 June 2021 ~ Extension of Full Lockdown

So my hunch was spot on. The full lockdown is extended, as announced by our PM today 😥.   The full lockdown can only be lifted on condition that the number of Covid cases dip to 4,000 and below and 10% of the population is fully vaccinated.  As of today, our country recorded 5,586 cases.  I am writing this down in my blog because I wish that a year from now, the world will be free from this dreadful pandemic; and when I read this post a year on, I will remember how my sentiments were at the height of the pandemic and cherish our post-Covid days even more.  

Everyday throughout the lockdown, I wake up hoping for a better day but the new day is no better than the previous one and sometimes the new day is worse than the previous few. There doesn't seem to be any improvement in the Covid situation in our country. Hubby's catering business has been hit hard and will continue to be affected until and unless social gatherings are allowed again. Will it ever be allowed? Yes the PM stated that all social and economic sectors will be reopened in the final phase of the recovery plan. This will only happen when the country records zero to single digit cases. That seems very far fetched now, with the emergence of new variants of viruses, anti-vaxxers and stubborn people who refuse to follow SOPs.  This war that we're in now has caused tremendous hardship to many people. More businesses will be shuttered in the days and weeks to come during this full lockdown. Many times, I feel like there's no light at the end of the tunnel. The past 1.5 years feels like a nightmare that wouldn't end.

I have a long list of things to ask from God everyday - good health for me and my loved ones, for hubby's catering business to be able to hang on and not shutter, for his business to be able to recover and rebound fully one day, for my daughters to study hard though it's hard for them to feel motivated after 1.5 years of online learning and for this pandemic to be brought under control so that our lives can return to at least 90% normal soon.

If you're feeling tired of having to cook 3 meals every single day, don't beat yourself up. Do give Catermate a try. They serve halal food (Malay, Indonesian, Western and Chinese) and deliver throughout the Klang Valley. 

I'm already feeling the brunt of having to clean up the kitchen 3x a day since the start of the MCO last year and it's worse now as Maria our part-time helper has stopped coming to our house temporarily until the Covid situation improves. We're ordering food at least three times a week and I just don't care anymore if the food is less than healthy. My sanity comes first 😐


Lamb shank curry from Catermate. I dunked sourdough bread and sourdough pancakes into the thick curry sauce and had it for dinner yesterday. 



Gyuniku/beef Curry and Tori Katsu that I ordered from a home-based seller in our Taman last week. The seller and I now support each other - I order her food and she orders from hubby's shop 😁



No comments: