Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, June 7, 2021

Random Updates ~ 7 June 2021

Alycia received her 2nd pay check last week. Though it's only a small amount as she worked for only  two weeks at the international pre-school last month, she was nonetheless still very thankful and happy.   Yesterday she treated her sisters and me to milk tea from Tealive, delivered to us via Grab.  After receiving her first pay check last month, Alycia gave me RM100 and bought cakes  to treat everyone at home.

With the pandemic at its peak now, Alycia will not be looking for another temporary job anytime soon. She has 3 more months before she goes to college and life for her now is really relaxed and stress-free.  Lights are only turned off way past 1am and she gets up some 10-12 hours later, after which she lollygags at home waiting for all her meals!!  Oh how I miss those carefree, stress-free easy life without any commitment. I wonder if I will ever get to live like this again? 😜


I am missing our pre-Covid19 days very very much. The weekly mall shopping, the monthly shopping for clothes or shoes, the weekly splurges at cafes and restaurants, the daily coffee shop and kopitiam brunch sessions with hubs, Sunday church, gatherings with friends, reunion with my family members and siblings in Ipoh, traveling and much more. Gawd, I'm missing Ipoh so much.  Again I'm wondering when we can ever do this again 😓 

This is our Sunday dinner yesterday -- Hainanese chicken chop from hubby's central kitchen, Catermate.  

Chicken chop and Nasi Lemak will likely be our lunch tomorrow as there's a bulk order for chicken chop and Nasi Lemak tomorrow for a customer's Zoom Meeting lunch with all her staff.  

Though we've all been eating the same kind of dishes from hubby's shop almost daily throughout the MCO for the last 1.5 years, I have no complaints. As long as we don't have to cook at home and clean up a greasy kitchen and floor, everyone is happy. The girl who's on dirty dishes duty will be the happiest too 😁. Win win for everyone.  


No comments: