Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, September 1, 2023

Haru, Our Heroic Feline That Saved the Day

Pets have a remarkable way of becoming an integral part of our lives, and often, they go above and beyond to look out for us. Today Haru, turned into a hero by saving us from a potential disaster. 

It was a typical afternoon, and I was indulging in a much-needed siesta on my work chair. However, my peaceful nap was interrupted by an insistent scratching sound on my chair. Haru, my smart and perceptive cat was busily scratching away at my expensive office chair.

Haru knows me well, and she's well aware that I don't appreciate her scratching my chair. So to get what she wants (which is always her meals and snacks), she will scratch on my office chair till I get up from the chair and attend to her needs. And there was no exception today.

With Haru's relentless scratching, I couldn't ignore her any longer. I reluctantly pushed myself up from my chair, feeling drowsy and disoriented. As I stood up, I noticed something alarming—a faint smell of burning. Panic surged through me as I realized something was amiss. I rushed to the kitchen and lo and behold, I found an empty pot sitting on the stove, its burner still turned on, flames dancing beneath it. Someone had heated up some soup and after pouring the soup into her bowl, had forgotten to turn off the stove.

I quickly turned off the burner and let out a sigh of relief and it was then that it hit me: Haru had saved the day. She had sensed the danger from the burning smell, with her persistent scratching, awakened me just in time to prevent a catastrophe.

I turned to Haru, my eyes filled with gratitude and love. I scooped her into my arms, hugging her tightly. Her cleverness and unwavering determination have kept us safe today.  Bravo to Haru!

Haru's favorite morning past-time: sun-bathing at whichever spot in the house that has sunlight 😸



No comments: