Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

A Rewarding Monday: From Bonus Link Points Redemption to Delicious Japanese Curry

My Monday kicked off on a high note as I managed to redeem RM50 worth of petrol using my Bonus Link points. Along with that, I also redeemed 6 stick ice-creams for my girls. Despite a minor hiccup caused by the Shell staff asking for the wrong password type, which led to my Bonus Link account being temporarily blocked, I managed to unblock it after being on the phone with Bonus Link for almost 20 minutes. Walking out with free ice creams that my girls love (Magnum almond and Cornetto) worth RM26 made me one very happy mom. The joy of these small rewards set the tone for the rest of the day.

Feeling uplifted by the successful redemption, I decided to cook something special for dinner – Japanese curry. With julienned cabbage and carrots, a quarter pumpkin, a pack of marinated Beacon chicken breast, and two packets of Shemeji mushrooms, I whipped up a large pot of delicious Japanese curry using the Philips pressure cooker

Sherilyn came home very early yesterday, but unfortunately, she didn't get any sleep again as she was rushing to complete yet another assignment. Her relentless schedule worries me deeply. She barely drinks enough water, eats enough fruits, and gets very little sleep. Don't get me started on other areas of her life.  Her health is a constant concern, and I can only pray for God's protection over her and my other two daughters. As a mother, it’s hard to see her push herself so hard, but I admire her dedication and resilience.

Here’s to appreciating the small wins and making the most of every day.


Cass' lunner - a big bowl of Japanese curry with a teeny bit of Japanese rice and salad.


I deep-freezed a big tub of Japanese curry for Cass's dinner for this week.  


Our favorite brand of curry powder and Japanese curry roux - S&B brand from Japan. I used an entire box of curry roux (two blocks) and added a teaspoon of S&B curry powder for a spicier kick. 
Cooking instruction: sear the marinated Beacon chicken breast in the pressure cooker in Bake mode, add pumpkin, cabbage, Shimeji mushrooms and carrots, and finally add the curry roux. Then add 1500ml of water and let simmer.  I didn't set the pressure on.



Working non-stop on back-to-back assignments without getting any sleep.  She left the house for college at 8am this morning and she's going straight to the dance studio after college today. 



No comments: