Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Random Thoughts

I just found out that one of my very, very old posts dated back to 8 July 2013 (exactly 11 years ago) has garnered 5,700 views as of today.  The title of the article posted on my other blog is "How To Dilute Crystalized / Thickened Homemade Marmalade Jam" and I still remember vividly the sequence of events on that day when the mil made the jam. 

When our girls were younger, we used to eat bread almost every day. Homemade jams were always finished off in days. I used to prep sandwiches with jam or kaya for their school lunch boxes. The girls loved Gardenia white bread or grandma's homemade milk loaf when they were younger. Having bread for lunch or dinner was also a norm back in the day. Fast forward to a decade later and the girls don't eat bread as much now.  Alycia doesn't like to eat bread with jam now while Sherilyn and Cass prefer sourdough breads. 

As for me, I've always preferred sprouted wheat bread which is flour-free bread and lower in carbs. I like my sprouted wheat bread air-fried and spread with light Lurpak butter and homemade lemon curd.

My stock of walnuts and hazelnuts from Signature Market arrived! When buying nuts online, Signature Market on Lazada is still the best place to get them. I've tried buying from other sellers but their nuts never satisfied me as much as those from Signature Market.

I like to add my favorite nuts from Signature Market to my Lazada shopping cart and then monitor the prices daily. When the prices are reduced to the lowest, I quickly check out and pay for them via Boost. That's how a housewife with no salary gets more bang for her buck -- by grabbing the cheapest nuts to earning points (free money) from eWallets 😁

No comments: