Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, July 2, 2024

A Week Filled with Hospital Visits

This week has been a whirlwind of hospital appointments, and tomorrow marks the start of it with my visit to the podiatrist at Sunway Medical Centre. For over three months, I've been battling a stubborn corn on my foot. Despite diligently applying Duofilm corn solution and corn removal patches, this tenacious corn has refused to wither and peel off. The persistent pain has become unbearable, making it difficult to walk properly, let alone exercise for over two weeks. The corn removal patches were also totally ineffective in removing the corn.

Recently, the corn has started to peel off (finally!!), but the pain at its center remains a significant issue 😭. I was hoping to cancel the doctor's appointment, thinking the worst was behind me, but the pain has convinced me otherwise. I'm preparing myself for the appointment tomorrow, praying that the podiatrist won't suggest surgery. The thought of undergoing a procedure is daunting, but I trust that the doctor will provide the best course of action to finally relieve me of this persistent pain.

As if one hospital visit wasn't enough, I have another appointment lined up on Friday. This time, I’ll be accompanying Alycia to see the hand and microsurgery doctor at Subang Jaya Medical Centre for her cast removal. Two weeks ago, she endured the painful procedure of having her stitches removed from the injured finger. Watching her withstand the pain with such courage was both heart-wrenching and awe-inspiring. I’m hopeful that this visit will be less painful and that it signifies the end of her recovery journey.

Reflecting on these hospital visits, I can't help but hope for a respite from emergency hospital visits and medical procedures. Scheduled routine check-ups are manageable, but the unexpected trips and the anxiety they bring are exhausting and stressful.  I long for peaceful days without the looming presence of hospital appointments, where we can focus on healing and moving forward without interruptions. I am looking forward to resolving my own health issues and seeing Alycia fully recover from her ordeal.

Here’s to a week of healing, strength, and hopefully, the last of our hospital visits for a long time.


Stainless steel fan-shaped food storage containers with lid and steaming rack, all ordered from Lazada (shipped from China).

Since the freakish kitchen mishap almost a month ago, we try not to use glass dinnerware now. Alycia is still having a phobia of using glass tableware. Instead, we have switched to using stainless steel plates and bowls.  I still use glass Pyrex though, but only for myself.

I recently ordered these stainless steel food storage containers with lids. The set of three containers fits nicely into a round steaming rack.  It's great for storing leftover food or dinner for the girls. When they come back from school and uni, I just pop them into the wok briefly to reheat the food. 




No comments: