Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, August 16, 2026

She Stepped Onto the Ice and Made Mum Proud

Today, I took a 7am private taxi from Ipoh to Sunway Pyramid to watch my youngest compete in Skate Asia. ❤️⛸️

About an hour before her event, I started getting nervous and really kan cheong. I think I was more nervous than she was! 😂 I actually dared not watch her skate because I was so afraid she might flip and fall. Many of the contestants fell, and some even cried. My heart really ached for them. They may have practised and performed their routines beautifully during training, but once they step onto the ice for competition, nervousness can get the better of them and cause mistakes and falls.

Thank God Cass did pretty well. I was literally shaking while videoing her from the 3rd floor above the skating rink! 😂

The moment her event ended, I rushed down to the rink to congratulate her. At that point, it really didn't matter to me whether she won a medal or not. To me, being able to stay calm, not fall and execute your routine smoothly is already a huge achievement.

Then she showed me her gold medal, and we hugged. 🥹❤️

Suddenly, her skates that cost as much as a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes, the costume that cost as much as a Melinda Looi gown, and all the competition and training fees over the past 3 years that could have paid for a brand new car… were all worth it. 😂

And what makes me even prouder is that Cass paid for most of these herself — through her part-time job as a figure skating coach and her own savings. She worked for it, saved for it and invested in something she loves.

I am SO proud of you, Cass. ❤️

You have proved your critics wrong. Despite having so many odds stacked against you, you persevered, stepped onto that ice and did it.

Well done, my girl. You are already my champion, but today, you brought home the gold too. 🥇❤️

Super proud of you!! ⛸️🥹❤️

You can watch the video of her performance on my Facebook page.





No comments: