Health Freak Mommy: Chicken, Abalone, Dried Oysters Porridge

PLEASE VISIT MY OTHER BLOGS TOO!!!

Please visit my other blogs at :

http://www.healthfreakmommy.com/

for more interesting reads on my 3 little rascals and of course on my food reviews....

and my health blog,
http://www.healthiswealth.healthfreakmommy.com/

Feel free to drop by my online store at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Old-New-Stuff-For-Sale/305823926638 to get modish clothes at prices you will love! Please LIKE my Page too, thanks!




Saturday, January 9, 2010

Chicken, Abalone, Dried Oysters Porridge

Last Saturday, I cooked chicken, abalone and dried oyster porridge for lunch. Everyone including Baby loved it.

Here's the BIG abalone that I tossed into the pot of porridge, about 15 minutes before serving the porridge. This canned abalone is already pre-cooked and does not require a long time to cook it, else it would turn hard and rubbery. I thinly sliced the abalone before tossing them into the pot of porridge.


The chicken meat was marinated with some sesame seed oil, pepper and sea salt before I dumped it into the porridge and cooked it for about an hour.



I also reheated some of the left over chicken nuggets and fish and chips from New Year's Eve poolside party.

Tonight, I am cooking porridge again. This time, it's porridge with roasted pork ribs (siew chue kwat), chicken drumstick - cut into bite size, dried oysters, a wedge of ginger (to expel wind) and the remaining piece of big abalone (there were 2 pieces in the can), YUMS!

What are you whipping up for dinner tonight?
Post a Comment

Google Search Engine

Custom Search