Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, January 22, 2010

Enjoying Her Breakfast

... in front of the idiot box. Baby has her breakfast seated in front of the idiot box every morning. Some people say it's really bad to eat in front of the TV. Ya know, if I don't do that, this fler won't drink her formula milk or her supplements. She's already under weight and I'm having a very tough and stressful time getting her to drink formula milk. Anyway, I think it's not that bad as Baby is picking up tons of nursery rhymes and general knowledge from the TV. She can now 'sing' many nursery rhymes and Barney songs and can even dance when she hears the songs.



Do you allow your kids to eat in front of the telly?

9 comments:

Charmaine said...

Everything in moderation, I say. I believe studies have proven that a short time in front of the tv is not all bad. What's worse is when children have no other activities except sitting in front of the tv. Both my girls love to watch Barney, Hi-5, Playhouse, Nick Jr too, and they have learnt from the shows. But we also make sure they do other stuff like craft, read, dance, play, outdoor activities, etc to balance everything.

mommy to chumsy said...

i do that. i let ashley sit in front of the tv to eat and it all started when i had to spoon feed her :D

Yannie said...

I did that and I still do that. I feed my 2 girls in front of the TV since babies.

Linda said...

haha.. how can my day pass without TV. Yes, channel 613 always, and some nursery rhymes and other educational VCD. I eat in front of the TV too sometimes.. :)

Mumsgather said...

I allow the big kid to sit in front of the tv and eat while the small kids eat with me at the dining table. lol.

Leona said...

Yah, i did that too for my son.. the first 3 years ... in order to make him eat. Well, as long as they are watching educational programmes and eating their meals.. I am happy.

Chris said...

Before I became a mum, I thought letting kids eat in front of a TV was a terrible thing to do. Now, I believe the "experts" who say we shouldn't do that probably don't have kids! Of course, everything in moderation and always something educational. Don't forget the TV can be used as a bribe and a threat!!

Tammy said...

me too, and i agree with what Chris said here.

Annie Q said...

me too, i let my boys eat in front of tv, at least this will keep them sit still and eat their meal. If no, they will just run around the house, that will make me more headache.