Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

MCO day 50 ~ 6 May 2020 (Wednesday) - 11th Anniversary of Baby C's Surgeries

Today marks the 11th anniversary of Cass' Uretheral Reimplantation surgery at Gleneagles Medical Center, Penang.  While I miss Cass as a baby (she was such a doll!), I do not miss her pre-surgery days.  Everyday was constantly a worry. Those diaper-sniffing, prophylactic antibiotic, prodding and poking her hands and feet days were terribly tough and painful to pass.  Some days were a time bomb waiting to explode if I did not take prompt action at the first sniff of foul-smelling pee.  Every month entailed visits to her pediatrician at Pantai Medical Center or pediatric nephrologist at Subang Jaya Medical Center. Some days were spent staying in the hospital or going to the hospital three times a day for antibiotic drips.  Our time out of the house entailed hospital visits more than for happy trips. She had never been to a playground or birthday parties until she was about 2 or 3 years old. 

Sometimes I wonder why my Creator planned this route for Cass and me. He must have a reason that I can't see or fathom yet. Cass is not 100% out of the woods yet. She's scheduled to go for an MRU (MRI with contrast/dye injected) at HKL on 18 May 2020.

Photos from 6 May - 27 May 2009 at GMC Penang:



See how bloated Cass' tummy was. Something was brewing inside, resulting from surgery complication.



My pretty doll all bloated and retching green bile out and the surgeon didn't know why despite a string of x-rays, CT scan and all the scans that the doctor could think of. We were just stir-crazy in the hospital, waiting for her to get well so that we could go home in KL to be with my other 2 babies who missed their baby sister like crazy.

[BBC]


For many nights, I had to climb onto the tiny baby cot and contort my body to be next to Cass, holding her hands and tubes the entire night to stop her from pulling the nasal tube out of her nose.



Merdeka, Merdeka, Merdeka!!  Independence Day on 27 May 2009, the day that we could leave GMC Penang after 3 weeks. It was our 9th wedding anniversary that day.




No comments: