Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, May 23, 2020

MCO Day 67 ~ 23 May 2020 (Saturday)

Exactly eleven years ago on 23 May 2009, Cass had to be rushed into the OT for an emergency surgery, though none of the battery of scans that she went through showed a problem inside her abdomen. When Cass' stomach got so extended that she would cry in pain every half hourly (it looked like a balloon on the verge of exploding) the surgeon had to make a decision to open up Cass' abdomen again to find the fault. It was an extremely frightful moment that I had to go through all alone in the hospital as hubs had returned to KL to work. I was fighting back my tears so that my baby wouldn't see me cry, because if I did, I  would scare her even more. From the moment we were in our room until I placed Cass on the OT table, I was controlling myself from breaking down. Even after I left the OT, I fought hard to stay calm and composed as crying wouldn't help. I did not know
whether I could see my baby girl again when I placed her on the OT table for the second time in a short 2.5 weeks. I could only leave Cass in the Lord's good hands.  Praise God all went well and we were finally discharged 4 days later on 27 May 2009 on hubs and my wedding anniversary.

This morning hubs and I went to Gardens Mall again. It's our once-weekly affair during the weekend ever since the MCO rulings have been relaxed a little. Our main intention today was to send my portable Osim massage chair to the Osim shop for repair. My massage chair was only a few months shy of its first birthday when it conked out. And because it conked out during the MCO, albeit still under warranty, the fact that I only brought the chair to the shop for repair 2 months later, the 1-year warranty period is null and void. The previous Osim massage chair expired after 2 years. I'm totally disappointed that such an expensive product does not deserve the quality it should. If the massage chair conks out again after this repair, I will not send it back for repair and I will never ever buy an Osim brand massage chair again. Period. I will look for a cheaper alternative from Shopee or Lazada.

After dropping the massage chair at the Osim shop, we queued up to get into Jaya Grocer for groceries shopping. The queue was easily over a hundred meters long! After queuing for half an hour and with at least 100 people ahead of us, we gave up and went for brunch instead at An Viet.




Pho for him:



Lemongrass chicken thigh with no rice for me.


Soothing hot lemongrass tea:



Hubs' treat from Gong Cha for the girls:



Back home, I had a one-hour video call with my BFFs since pre-school -- Jo from San Francisco, Jennifer from Seattle, Ju from Singapore and SP from PJ 💖





Then a 'tragedy' struck at 6 pm!  My computer was struck by lightning and it's now brain dead 😭😭😭😭

I am now using hubby's laptop but have to share it with Cass as well, who has to use it for online tuition and piano class. When hubs gets home in the evening, it's his turn to use it. With the Hari Raya holidays spreading over 4 days starting from tomorrow the earliest that hubs can send my computer to the IT store is mid of next week. I have a hunch that I may have to end up buying a brand new computer, which would cost a few thousand bucks. First it was my car to conk out, then my massage chair and today my desktop computer - all in the month of May!

Hubs inspected the computer and as usual, his OCD-ness was activated when he saw how dusty the insides of the motherboard were! He fished out the vacuum, unscrewed the motherboard and gave it a good vacuum, assembled it back and vacuumed my work station. And just as I was helping him to keep the vacuum cleaner, I accidentally pressed on the release button and the vacuum cleaner detached into two!  All the dust and dirt accumulated over the months spewed out like lava of a volcano!  And we spent the entire dinner time cleaning and moping the dining area. 😭




When it rains, it does pour.  Yeah bring it on, May.  Next month will be an awesome month for me, like it always had been.🙏


No comments: