Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, May 8, 2020

MCO Day 52 ~ 8 May 2020 (Friday) & Catermate's Special Bento Box For Delivery This Mother's Day

What I miss most about Fridays is the Pasar Malam at our neighborhood. I miss the Apom, crispy Apam Balik, fresh coconut water and the girls miss the crispy fried squids and burger.  I miss buying fruits and vegetables that are so much fresher and cheaper than the supermarkets.  I hope these traders have found a way to sell their produce and food by delivery to their customers, otherwise there's no way they can survive for two or three months without any income.  It's unfathomable how an invisible Virus can destruct, destroy and mess up millions of lives and  people's livelihood. 😢

Today I received the guavas that I ordered from a seller on Facebook and I don't think I'm going to order from her again, simply because she doesn't have the right attitude and she wasn't forthright with me from the start. I ordered 6 guavas from her but only 4 guavas were delivered. When I asked the driver why there's a shortage of 2 guavas, the driver caller his boss to clarify.  I heard the seller telling the driver in Cantonese in an angry tone via loud speaker mode turned on: "tell her take it or leave it. If don't want, just bring them back!"  

OMG, how arrogant and that's not the way to deal with a customer, ever!

I was just asking why the number of guavas delivered doesn't tally with what I ordered and she started to get defensive. The seller and driver kept telling me that the weight of 3kg is correct BUT the seller never mentioned anything about the weight to me when I ordered the guavas.  We agreed on the number of guavas ordered and I paid her RM54 for 6 guavas and 1 box of pickled raw mangoes.  I didn't want to argue with the driver or the seller and just took the guavas and went back to my unit. Though the weight of the guavas is correct, what I am totally unhappy about is the way she handled the entire sale and her uncouth attitude towards her customer.  If she's not hard up for my business, so be it. Period.  I will never order from her again!

Because of this incident,  I suddenly remembered about the guava seller from our Pasar Malam who has excellent PR skill and easygoing.  I Whatsapped her immediately and found out that she's now delivering guavas to her regular customers in our neighborhood. Awesome!! She'll contact me again next week for a delivery date for the guavas.


Dinner today:
Pan-fried Mackerel marinated with turmeric, 'Tai Pak Choy' soup, steamed egg plant with fried garlic and organic soy sauce and steamed egg with minced pork.



Hubs has a good friend who loves food and goes around KL to buy popular food and desserts to satiate his cravings during the MCO. Most of the time, he buys a portion for us and doesn't accept money back from hubs.  And hubs reciprocates by treating his friend to lunches from his kitchen.  They exchange food almost everyday and we at home are the beneficiaries of all these goodies 😋

Treat from hubs' friend today:

Kaya Swiss roll from the well-known Restaurant Yut Kee and my favorite Pandan Chiffon cake from House & Co @ Bangsar Shopping Centre.





Lunch of chicken chop bento box from hubby's kitchen today. Starting from next week, he will be rolling out bento boxes for delivery with a different item on the menu everyday!








Roast Italian herbs boneless chicken chop (L size) with black pepper sauce accompanied with creamy mashed potatoes, blanched broccoli, cauliflower and carrot + housemade coleslaw @ RM18 a set. 
For fresh shiitake mushroom sauce, price will be RM20 a set.

This chicken chop set will be on the menu again on Mother's Day this Sunday, 10 May 2020 and at RM20 a set, it comes with a piece of chocolate Danish pastry. 

To all the awesome mums out there - HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! This weekend is all about YOU! So hang up your apron and give yourself a treat... or hint to your hubby and kids that you deserve a treat from them for all the hard work and sacrifice you've done for the family. 

We are having chicken chop too this Sunday as I am not going to cook and clean up the kitchen three times a day on Mother's Day. I will tell the mil to relax, sit back and enjoy chicken chop for lunch and takeout for dinner! We mothers deserve a break on our day!

For orders, kindly Whatsapp my hubby, Alan Yap at 019-266 4297. Thank you for your support! 💖


No comments: