Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, May 14, 2020

MCO Day 58 ~ 14 May 2020 (Wednesday)

Our dancing queen had an interview via Zoom with the Aspiration International School board and teachers today. It's an interview of the top 3 winners of the recent talent competition organized by AIS, which Sherilyn is the second runner up.  She won RM500 in cash prize and a RM6,000 scholarship to study at AIS.

To prep herself for the interview, she set up the laptop in her room, warned everyone, especially her sisters not to barge into the room like hooligans yelling away. I told her that we would forget that she's in the room having a VIP meeting unless she puts up a notice on the door as a reminder and this is what she wrote πŸ˜†




When I was cleaning the shelves in my room today, I found this photo of myself taken at The Great Wall Of China in September 1997! That's 23 years ago.  I was a 24-year old spring chicken thenπŸ˜†.  I was on a tour of Beijing, Tianjin and Chengdu with my parents and it was our first holiday in China together and my most memorable holiday with them.  I hope we can do this again, this time with the girls tagging along too.  I was actually planning a holiday to Vietnam with my parents and girls in December but with this global pandemic sweeping the world and shutting it down completely, only God knows when we can travel back to Ipoh again to see my parents, let alone abroad.

I wish that there was a time tunnel or time machine that could teleport me to September 1997. I really miss those juicy sweet peaches available in abundance everywhere in Beijing. They were so cheap that we ate peaches every day throughout our 10-day stay in China.

I remember very clearly that on the day we flew back to Malaysia, we read from the newspapers on the plane that Princess Diana had died in a car crash.


Extremely foggy day at the Great Wall that day and the walkway was so steep that one could hardly walk up without holding on to the hand rails at the sides.



Mum and papa, let's do this again soon when the pandemic is over. Deal? πŸ’“


No comments: