Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, May 28, 2020

MCO Day 71 & 72 ~ 27 & 28 May 2020 (Wednesday & Thursday)

Wednesday, 27 May 2020

My head was pounding the entire night, no thanks to PMS and I didn't sleep well last night. I went for my usual MCO-style workout at 10 a.m. with a nagging headache anyway as I really needed my daily 40 minutes of exercise under the morning sun surrounded by lush greenery around our condo compound.  My daily outdoor workout is very essential to me and I always get an instant mood boost from an endorphin high after the workout. No matter how busy I am, no matter how tired I may be, I try not to skip my morning outdoor exercise.  On days when I can't exude enough stamina for a sweaty run, a brisk walk with deep breathing works just as magical. I can't stress enough how important exercise is to everyone and if you haven't already started on an exercise regimen, there is no better time to start than now! All you need are two things to get started - discipline and sacrifice and you'll be promised with plenty of health promoting benefits.

When I got back from my 40-minute exercise, the headache was miraculously GONE!  Next time if you have a headache,  instead of reaching out for a pain-killer, try going out for a stroll. But not under the scorching afternoon sun yeah 😁 The best time to exercise is in the morning (5am - 10am) or anytime in the evening when the sun has gone down. I used to jog at 5:30 a.m. with a stick in my hand (to ward off muggers) before going to work and again jogged in the evening when I am back from the office. On wet mornings, I would jog down the wet roads with an umbrella. This was before the girls came along and dominated my world.

Sherilyn attended her tri-weekly online taekwondo class today. This will be her last month attending taekwondo classes.  The gym owners have been forced to shutter the gym for good during this pandemic 😭   I hope that they will be able to set up a new gym in another rented shop when the situation improves.  Sherilyn still hopes to get her black belt one day.
   

The moment she realized that the paparazzi mom was secretly stealing a photo of her, she dodged and went after me demanding that I deleted the photo, thus the shaky photo 😔. What happened to the cheeky girl who would give me her sweetest dimpled smile whenever I asked her for a photo to be snapped? 😭


Thursday, 28 May 2020
Today I managed to drag Cass the lazybones out of the house to exercise. She got hooked on some addictive silly computer games called Roblox throughout the MCO and wouldn't want to exercise. I had to resort to all sorts of  threats and bribes any concerned mom would be forced to think of just to stop this dopamine frazzled zombie from being zombified by a brainless gadget. Can you see how serious the problem is, that a person with a brain can be controlled by a brainless machine?  I can't wait for school to reopen so that this merciless and damaging addiction can be broken! Cass misses her friends and school a lot and prefers to spend all her time in school than at home.

Besides her class teacher, no other teachers are conducting online lessons for her class. This is unbelievable, coming from a supposedly High Prestige School (Sekolah Berprestasi Tinggi) that is famed in the Klang Valley! The least the teachers could do if they do not own a computer is to borrow one from the computer lab. I am wondering how the students are going to catch up on their studies when school reopens and our next guess is when will school ever reopen? There's really hell a lot of catching up to do and I don't think that there is ample time to finish the syllabus by this year.

For Alycia's high school, as it's a private school, online classes are conducted from Monday through Friday, from 8am through 3pm. Classes are sometimes conducted on public holidays and even in the late evening.

Today we walked to the nearby shops to buy breakfast and snacks and this managed to 'lure' this girl out of the house to partake in some exercise while she gets a much-needed dose of Sunshine Vitamin from the 10 a.m. sun.  I guess I'll have to continue luring her with snacks from the shops just to get her to walk out to the shops with me for a short 30-minute exercise 😪






No comments: