Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, May 4, 2020

MCO Day 48 ~ 4 May 2020 (Monday)

Cass woke up at 7 this morning as she only realized at bedtime last night that she had not finished the Google Classroom homework given to her by her class teacher!  She told me that she's going to wake up at 7 a.m. to complete the homework before online class starts at 11:15 a.m.  I was so certain that she wouldn't be able to wake up so early but she proved me wrong! I didn't expect her to wake up on her own without me jabbing her ribs or tickling her feet umpteen times.  She's never been a morning person and she totally sucks at waking up at 5:30 in the morning to get ready for school.

This MCO has messed up the girls' circadian rhythm. With 2 months worth of holidays and an anticipated one additional month, first time in their lives and in the history of the Malaysian education system, and with no where to go everyday, they are glued to their devices till late at night and have no urgency to wake up in the morning, unless they have online classes.   I urged them to sleep before midnight but they can't fall asleep until way past midnight and only wake up past 9 a.m. everyday, except for Alycia who has to be up before 8 a.m. for her first online class at 8 a.m. which ends around 2 or 3pm.  Students who log in late will be penalized with deduction of points.

Guess what? I am also suffering from mild insomnia!  For someone who is perpetually sleep deprived, insomnia is hardly ever in my vocab. That's why I need my daily 40-minute jog in the sun to drain out all my energy to enable me to sleep better at night.

Cass' class teacher will bar students from attending the online class if they are habitually late. Those who do not complete homework or have disrespectful attitude will also be barred from attending online class.

Eleventh hour brat - eating breakfast of fruits and completing her Google Classroom homework.



Breakfast of delightful gourmet tarts, baked by our talented baking queen:


She also whipped up Souffle Pancakes, using the remnant whipped egg whites which she made yesterday for the tarts topping. Even the passion fruit syrup is handmade by her, with love and passion.






Today is the first day of CMCO (Conditional Movement Control Order) and people are now allowed out of the house to jog and exercise (no contact exercises only).  While I am still wary of going out to jog, I jogged within the compound of our condo, soaked in the 9:30 a.m sun and sweated buckets.   Jogging outdoors will always be my top choice of de-stressing and a good post workout session drenched in sweat always boosts my mood.

My heart crushed when I removed my clothes from the washer and fished out my beloved Fitbit Charge from my sports shorts pocket! I had left it in the shorts pocket and totally forgot to remove it for charging today!  I was expecting my Fitbit to die on me but what do I know? It was working and there was no water dripping out of the outlets. I quickly did a search on "Is Fitbit waterproof?" and gathered that it is water-resistant but cannot be submerged in water.  Well, how my front loading washer works is that our clothes are never submerged in water, so I guess my Fitbit survived!

My next tensed moment was when I put my Fitbit to charge after air-drying it under the fan for several hours. And she survived the charging process too!  I guess it's worth buying something branded and a little more expensive. The mechanics are sturdier.




After a 1-hour spin in the washer, the steps increased by another 2,000 count 😂



After sync-ing my Fitbit (I haven't been sync-ing for months!), a bunch of badges popped up on my phone!


Lunch was Korean ramen with Wakame and kimchi, by Sherilyn.


Is there really a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, I wonder? Wished there was!  Today we saw a triple rainbow effect 💓



No comments: