Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, November 6, 2020

CMCO Day 148 ~ Wednesday, 4 November 2020

Today Cass and I were at the hospital for a 'pre-surgery' briefing by the anesthetist, surgeon and other doctors from the Institute of Urology & Nephrology of HKL.  Though it is not a surgery but a Cystoscopy procedure, it is called 'surgery' by the staff as Cass will be sedated under GA.  And as per the hospital's SOP, the patient and parent must be briefed by the team who will be in the OT on the day of the procedure.  We were brought to the ward at the Institute of Urology & Nephrology and had Cass admitted.  

Cass and I were pretty impressed with the ward. It is nothing like the old government hospital that I know where the building is old and eerie.  The building is not exactly new but the ward is very well kept and the toilets are satisfactorily clean and comparable with private hospitals. 

 

We were brought to a 4-bedded room, which I later found out from one of the patients, is a first class room. No wonder it is impeccably clean and has en suite facilities. My worries and fears immediately dissipated when I walked around the ward. Even the open ward area is clean and not creepy like I had seen in the past in the old building of HKL.  

 

During the briefing, the anesthetist told us that Cass' last solid meal before the procedure tomorrow is at 4 a.m..  After the doctor left, I sent a Whatsapp to Sherilyn to ask her for a favor to cook a meatless fried rice for her baby sister. We have to wake up at 3:15 am tomorrow for her to eat and drink. I needed something quick, yummy and easily heated up.

When we got home, my sweet girl was busy in the kitchen, just like a loving mom, cooking Gimbap, butter garlic mushrooms and Korean pickled vegetables. Sherilyn made a meatless Gimbap for Cass and a keto Gimbap for me ❤️

Meatless Gimbap for Cass, which she loved.  Cass loves everything that her 2che cooks and bakes. 


Knowing that I don't eat rice, Sherilyn made this super yummy keto Gimbap for me, which will be my lunch the next day 💓

Chef at work



Korean picked cucumbers and sauteed mushrooms with butter and garlic. Cass loved these too.


No comments: