Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, November 16, 2020

CMCO Day 159 ~ Sunday, 15 November 2020

Hubs and I have become the Sunday couple as we only have the time to go on a date on Sundays, just the both of us.  Last Sunday we went on a  jaunt to Petaling Street and Kwai Chai Hong @ Chinatown. Hubs wanted to try out new cafes. Being in the F&B business, which is extremely competitive (more so during this pandemic), he has to keep himself updated with the latest offerings in the F&B market.  Likewise, he has to sample similar dishes offered by other eateries and compare  them with his shop's.  He wanted to try out a cafe in PJ that sells a similar spread of food on their menu as his shop but I reminded him that we were not allowed to travel inter district!  So he made a detour to China Town.  

I was astounded when I saw long queues at most of the new and Instagrammable cafes along Jalan Panggong / Lorong Panggong.  I had imagined the streets to be a ghost town as portrayed in some dailies but it's quite the opposite.  Hubs and I hopped into Kaffe 16, a brand new cafe that opened its doors on 10 October 2020.  I salute the owners who had the spunk to open a new cafe during the RMCO period when many eateries had shuttered for good.

Contemporary design in a pre-war building, Kaffe 16 is tastefully refurbished.  As per the SOP, each table can only be seated by 2 customers with a meter distancing from the next table.









The last time we dined at this part of the city was exactly a year ago when my parents were in KL and my SIL from Hawaii was here as well. The 10 of us squeezed into hubby's 10-seater MPV and we had an enjoyable outing at China Town, traipsing around Kwai Chai Hong, cafe hopping and camwhoring.  How I really miss those care free days where we could go anywhere to dine with no restriction on the number of people in a car or to a table.   I know I should not even be missing this when many less fortunate people are struggling to find money to put food on their dining table during this extremely tough time in the midst of a seemingly never-ending pandemic. I really should count my blessings, although now, we have to limit such outings as we are still not out of the woods yet. As long as social gatherings are still prohibited, hubby's wings will continued to be clipped.  We are just taking one day at a time and learning to live in the moment in the midst of this terrible pandemic. 


No comments: