Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, January 20, 2022

20 January 2022 ~ Home Updates

Exactly one week after going back to in-person classes (after almost an entire year of online learning), Cass and Sherilyn are now back to home quarantine!

A classmate of Sherilyn was tested positive for Covid-19 and all the students in the class are now close contacts. Sherilyn will be doing her 2nd Covid home self test later and she has to submit the photo of the test kit result along with her IC to her teacher.

One of Cass' classmates' family members was tested positive for Covid and the entire class has to self-quarantine at home, with online classes. Cass did an RTK test and photo of the test kit sent to her teacher.

I have this hunch that this is going to happen very frequently. The girls will go back to school for a couple of weeks, then told to stay home when someone in the class gets infected or is a close contact. This is going to be the new norm now.

Poor Haru threw up late last night but no one knew. No wonder I heard her meowing when I got up at 1.30am to pee but I ignored her. Her loud meows woke me up at 6am today and when I checked on her, her entire cage is a MESS!  Oh. My. Gawd.  I hate cleaning up poop and vomit!!  

Where are the people who said they wanted a cat??!!  Yeah, I'm always the one cleaning up shit 😡


2 comments:

Chris said...

I do believe the kids can help with looking after the cat especially since now they are home(unfortunately). It certainly helps them learn the responsibility of pet ownership plus the ‘ugly’ reality of it! We started with goldfish when they were young and progressed to finally a cat. I cannot tell you how many fish funerals we have staged! My daughter has gone on to having 2 dogs and 2 Maine Coons! Her choice, not mine!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Hi Chris!
When I discovered the mess this morning, S was still sleeping. I was fuming that I had to clean up alone again. C was having an online class but she helped me for a while. But I did most of the shit. S redeemed herself by being in charge of Haru for the rest of today.
OMG, 2 dogs and 2 Maine Coons! Maine Coons are huge! I wonder how she handles 4 fur kids!