Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Tuesday, 25 January 2022

One of my daughters made me fuming mad when she got home from school today. She must have gotten on the wrong side of the bed today and was feeling antsy. She just wouldn’t listen to anything that I told her to do, not for me but for herself. Instead, she said something acidic (and sinful) that just burnt my heart. I was irate. I’m still seething. It’s not the first time that this defiant teen had said those words to me.  I was on the verge of lashing out those cuss words on her for her lack of respect but I held my tongue and said something less severe. Swear words and curses lashed out in the heat of the moment are extremely dangerous – the curses may come true and what’s done can’t be undone. 

I once said something to her at the heat of the moment, for her lackadaisical attitude, for her lack of care and love for herself and disrespectful attitude, and what I said, which must have been a curse on her, came true in the same year. I regretted deeply what I said as the consequences cost me my time and money. And if I wasn’t careful enough, it may even cost her, her life.

She’s my most difficult child and I had cried out to God many times asking him for guidance on how to handle this strong-willed child of mine. She seems fearless to anything, even her creator, which crushes me. 

Perhaps only time will change her. Her follies and obstinacy which may result in pain, embarrassment,  failure, and regret can only change her. We almost always learn the hard way, don't we? Sadly.

We were all once at that age when nothing our mothers said would change our minds and hearts. We were once dead stubborn, rebellious and turned a deaf ear on our mothers. It’s only when we got hurt and when things didn’t turn out the way we intended them to be, that we regretted our follies and thought “I should have listened to mom”.  


No comments: