Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Alycia Got Her Driver's License

Sorry for the lack of updates!  As usual, I have been super duper busy. And exhausted. And sleep-deprived. 

Ever since school reopened early this week, I have an additional chore now - doing school runs.  My morning wake-up time is back at 4.45 a.m.  😔. Throughout the lockdown, I've had the privilege to sleep in until 6.30 - 7 every morning.  

The girls have been busy too and when they are busy, I'll be busy too, to give them back up and drive them around. 

Alycia had been busy preparing for her JPJ driving test, which was held on Monday this week. Since hubs has been tied down with work, I had no choice but to do what I dreaded the most - braved myself and sat next to Alycia as she drove around and trained her in parking. 

The feeling I got sitting next to Alycia when she drove was akin to going up a roller coaster.  I also had an imaginary brake which I kept stepping on and my left hand gripped so tightly on the door that I felt my hand numb with cold sweat 😅😅

And she passed her driving test on Monday!

But she hasn't passed my test yet!! 

I'm NOT letting Alycia drive around if she doesn't pass my stringent test. And her probation will probably be at least half a year.😐

I chose a Sunday evening to bring Alycia for driving and parking practices at a place where there are the least cars and pedestrians.  And we're going to be doing this for the next few weeks until I have no urge to step on the imaginary brake anymore 😁



No comments: