Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, January 14, 2022

Shopping For A Good Water Filter

Our electric Panasonic water filter finally conked out after 13 years.  Black gooey gunk seeped out from under the water filter and the technician told us that it would cost over RM500 to have it repaired.  The same issue happened 10 years ago and we got it repaired.  We've decided not to repair it anymore but to get a new water filter.   We have removed the water filter from our kitchen and have been without a water filter for almost 2 weeks now. 

So, it’s water filter shopping time for me now!

I’m interested in a water dispenser that has a built-in water filter.  I came across Thanos.com.my and am particularly interested in the Thanos water dispenser with a built-in filter.  The filter with 5 filtration steps is made in Korea and can remove over 1,000 harmful contaminants from the water before it is dispensed, either cold, hot, or warm.  



The other reasons why I’m particularly interested in getting a Thanos water dispenser are the attractive installment plan and free annual service for 2 or 3 years, depending on the payment plan.  Delivery and installation of the water dispenser are also free. Free delivery is for Klang Valley, Ipoh, and Johor Bahru areas.

A good water filtration system is a priority in our family. When we stayed in a double-storey house, we had a huge outdoor water filter. In our dry kitchen, we have an electric water filter system and in the wet kitchen, we have a simple water filter attached to the tap faucet.  Now that we stay in a condo, we only have a water filter in our dry kitchen.  There are several outdoor water filter units at the compound of our condo.

One of the main reasons why we choose to install a water filter system in our home is to avoid chemicals, toxins, rust, and other contaminants in our water. Some people feel that a water filter is not a necessity as the water in Malaysia has been treated before they are piped into our homes. It is up to individual preference but I personally feel that it is safer to drink filtered water as filtered water looks cleaner and has a neutral taste. Everyone in our family drinks a lot of water every day and I want only clean filtered water for us.  

I don’t know if it’s just only me or everyone but I find that water that comes out from water dispensers, especially cold water tastes really good and refreshing!  I can gulp down cup after cup of cold water from a water dispenser.  This reminds me of the time I was working in a bank and there was a huge water dispenser at our office that dispenses really cold and refreshing water. Every morning I would fill up two liters of cold water, which would all be guzzled down before 5pm.  I’ve always been a water guzzler and I think that this is one of the reasons why I have a clear complexion.

If you’re looking for the best water filter in Malaysia, do check out Thanos. I’m really tempted to get their water dispenser with a built-in filter for our family. I am very sure that if we have a water dispenser at home, everyone will start to walk into the kitchen to fill up their cups with cold water! 


No comments: