Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, January 15, 2022

Our First CNY Gift

As with previous years, our first Chinese New Year gift this year is from the same friend - a lady boss of a Chinese restaurant in our hood.  We started off as her customers over 15 years ago as we loved her shop's signature wanton noodles (and still do), various roast meats, and  'tai chow' dishes.   From regular patrons, we soon became her friends.  After I gave birth to Cass 14 years ago, the lady boss gifted me an expensive confinement gift.  Every year, she would gift us goodies during Chinese festivals such as Mooncake Festival, Dragon Boat Festival, and Chinese New Year.  She would also give our girls a big angpow every year.  During the start of the lockdown 2 years ago when hubs' catering business was affected badly, she would give us complimentary roast chicken whenever she saw us around. What a great friend she is, ain't she? 



Everyone thought that this was a box of Mandarin oranges but got a big surprise when we unboxed it.  It is a set of 6 CNY-themed bowls and chopsticks!  No wonder it felt like I was carrying a 20kg bag of rice. I had to walk from her restaurant to my car, which was a 5-minute walk. My poor Carpal Tunnel Syndrome hand acted up so badly that I had to buy a wrist splint to wear the next day. 😐







No comments: